Analogue Nt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cepp View Post
    I was tempted by this at the time but I just couldn't pull the trigger at that price. It does look stunning though.
    I was in two minds about preordering at the time but if you look at the prices these are being sold at on ebay I thought it would at least be able to get my money back if I ever decided to sell it in the future. Also although hdmi modded original hardware would be ideal, simple fact is that original NES/famicoms are 35 years old and are likely to die much sooner than the NT mini.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost View Post
      I was in two minds about preordering at the time but if you look at the prices these are being sold at on ebay I thought it would at least be able to get my money back if I ever decided to sell it in the future. Also although hdmi modded original hardware would be ideal, simple fact is that original NES/famicoms are 35 years old and are likely to die much sooner than the NT mini.
      True enough, I probably should have taken that approach tbh. Looks like I'll have to make do with an AVS now, not that it's a bad choice or anything, the NT is just on another level.
      Last edited by Cepp; 04-07-2020, 07:59.

Comment

Originally posted by Cepp View Post
        True enough, I probably should have taken that approach tbh. Looks like I'll have to make do with an AVS now, not that it's a bad choice or anything, the NT is just on another level.
        You still may be able to get an Analogue NT mini like device. I wouldnt be surprised if Analogue releases a cheaper plastic version system that has NES support after the noir gets released. They have been rumored to be making an all in one 8-bit device (basically officially running all of the cores from the NT mini jailbreak). Also this announcement to me is kind of further proof that they have another system planned because why would they go through all the effort of redesigning the ports and cartridge slots from the ground up, using a new FPGA system and a new NES core when this was originally going to just be a final re-run of the nt mini which had already sold out months ago? It’s certainly not to make up for the shipping delay.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost View Post
          You still may be able to get an Analogue NT mini like device. I wouldnt be surprised if Analogue releases a cheaper plastic version system that has NES support after the noir gets released. They have been rumored to be making an all in one 8-bit device (basically officially running all of the cores from the NT mini jailbreak). Also this announcement to me is kind of further proof that they have another system planned because why would they go through all the effort of redesigning the ports and cartridge slots from the ground up, using a new FPGA system and a new NES core when this was originally going to just be a final re-run of the nt mini which had already sold out months ago? It’s certainly not to make up for the shipping delay.
          Aye, I'll keep an eye out. This isn't the end of the road for devices like this by any stretch.

Comment

Anyone on here in the UK and expecting an NT Mini Noir? In advance of mine arriving on Tuesday I've just had a shocker of a customs bill through from Fedex, and am wondering if I'm uniquely unlucky with some kind of invoice screw up, or if there's something larger at play.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
              Anyone on here in the UK and expecting an NT Mini Noir? In advance of mine arriving on Tuesday I've just had a shocker of a customs bill through from Fedex, and am wondering if I'm uniquely unlucky with some kind of invoice screw up, or if there's something larger at play.
              Yeah I had the same shock this morning, it’s a hum dinger of a bill so you aren’t alone. This has turned out to be a prestige experience.

Comment

Analogue have pointed me towards this: https://www.trade-tariff.service.gov...ntry=US#import

It would seem we've started applying a 25% tax on top of VAT for imported consoles as of about 2 weeks ago. I can't help but wonder if it's been done to stop international movement of PS5s and XSXs.

And yeah, seems we're not the only ones in this boat...

Comment

It's because of this:

But the EU signals that it hopes for a settlement when Joe Biden becomes US president next year.

Law here:

https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/PDF/?uri=CELEX%3A32020R1646

The commodity code for a video game console is 9504 50 00

Comment

Originally posted by DaytimeDreamer View Post
                    You could buy a plane with that FedEx bill!

Originally posted by DaytimeDreamer View Post
                    The commodity code for a video game console is 9504 50 00
                    That sound like a song by Fallout Boy.

Comment

Hoo boy, that's rough.

Comment

What is the value of the NT? I've imported the Mega SG and Super NT previously and had to pay £40ish fedex import duty each time (based on cost of each being $200ish).
                        Hopefully by the time of pocket delivery will be out of the EU so won't be hit by crazy import markups.

Comment

$500 for the Nt. And yeah I'm hoping it's sorted before the Pocket drops too.

Comment

That's a hell of a bill, even for Bordersdown's veterans of the Import Wars (where the heavy artillery of exorbitant 'Admin Fees' and HMRC's 21% could be battled only by the guerilla tactics of markdown-friendly shops and strongly worded letters).

Fresh recruits are going to get a hell of a shock when their Pockets arrive :l

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post

$500 for the Nt. And yeah I'm hoping it's sorted before the Pocket drops too.
                              Christ I hope so.

Comment

I’m no stranger to customs charges but this is the ugliest I’ve seen for sure. I’ve paid, through gritted teeth, and am now just praying this bollocks is all sorted by the time the Pocket ships.

Comment

Working...
                                X