Analogue Nt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Analogue Nt

The guys that made the wooden CMVS, Analogue Interactive, look to have redesigned the NES using an aluminium shell:

NES.
    FAMICOM.
    RGB: VIDEOPHILE.
    HI-FI: AUDIOPHILE.
    FOUR PLAYERS.
    NO EMULATION.

The NES. Often called the most iconic video game system of all time. Today, to experience its greatness, options are limited and riddled with compromises. The Analogue Nt sets a precedent. It opens a door to the highest quality way to experience the NES and Famicom. With a library of nearly 2000 titles, the NES and Famicom are home to some of the most significant games ever created. A rich and diverse history is waiting to be explored. We created the Analogue Nt to experience this pivotal part of gaming history with the quality and justice it deserves.

The Analogue Nt is designed around the heart and brain of the original NES. We've completely reengineered the original NES while remaining true to the original hardware. This means you?ll be experiencing the NES with the hardware it was designed to be played with.

The Analogue Nt is precision fabricated from a solid block of aircraft grade aluminum. Engineered with an uncompromising attitude to quality. There has never been another video game system like it.
    We know there are lots of questions and we cant wait to share all of the details with you. We?ve got features and details that are going to blow everyone away. We promise we won?t disappoint. We will be unveiling all the fine details and taking orders at the end of March. Stay tuned.

Why though.

Comment

From the looks of it, it'll play both Famicom and Nes carts, maybe disks as there are some in the pic, and it'll output RGB. Not sure of anything else that can do all these things in one machine at the moment. Probably be expensive though going on their previous products.

Comment

It can't be original hardware, that's for sure.

EDIT: Oh it is. I guess they're just tapped the other port to the required pins.
        Last edited by speedlolita; 12-03-2014, 15:49.

Comment

i understand putting the Neo Geo arcade hardware in a nice box, i dont get the idea with the nes, as its just a Nes with added design faults (a highly condictive shell) ZAPPPP

Comment

The NES is huge in America.

Comment

No doubt these will sell ridiculously well. Oh well.

Comment

From that one pic it doesn't look great. My big issue with their CMVS was that on it's own it looks neat enough, but it didn't blend with the standard look of an MVS cart at all.

I like the idea of a definitive NES revision, but not it being ugly to look at or overpriced.

Comment

It's just a more convenient way to play NES and Famicom games in one system, while still using original hardware. If it does FD games too, that's got a clear benefit due to the unreliability of the original machines.

I honestly don't see what's wrong with these kind of products. They're never going to suit hardware fetishists for whom the ownership and modification of the original hardware is as much - or more - of a draw than playing the games, sure. But Nintendo aren't making any more Famicoms, and as the years wear on finding working systems in good condition will get harder and harder and more and more expensive.

Some people just want to play the games on proper hardware, but have no interest in tinkering with it or following a zillion Ebay auctions to try and get one in good nick.

Comment

From that pic it looks ugly as hell, and I predict the price will be proportionate to its ugliness.

Comment

'precision fabricated from a solid block of aircraft grade aluminum'

Mega lol

Comment

Marketing nonsense aside I'm tempted. All region compatible, RGB and stereo audio output sounds great.

Comment

Personally i'd rather just play an emulator with my modified original USB famicom pad, perfect picture & sound plus no horrid block of aluminium clogging up under my tv.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
                            Marketing nonsense aside I'm tempted. All region compatible, RGB and stereo audio output sounds great.
                            Just get an NESRGB in an AV Famicom.

Comment

I have an AV Fami and have been looking at various RGB mods. The Universal PPU is top of my list just now. Viletim's mod looks good too. But the dual cart slots and stereo audio on the Nt is a big selling point for me. I appreciate it will be expensive but you are paying for someone to do all the work and own something relatively rare.

Comment

Working...
                              X