No announcement yet.

Games that NEED remaking/rebooting ASAP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Power Drift - Time to bring back the fun into racing - Just put the OutRun 2 team on the case with stomach churning insane courses. High time AM#2 made a sequel for the Arcades (also to put it in the Cybercraft cab) and then bring it home

Comment

panzer dragoon

2 arc system fighting games hokuto no ken (fist of the north star ) great fighting game but needed another version and sengoku basara x (another 2d fighting game)

earth siege

Final fantasy 7 (or take final fantasy back to its roots)

Knights of the old republic (new single player rpg)

burning rangers

Comment

Originally posted by shaffy_oppa View Post
        Fear Effect. This game seriously needs to be brought back in some form. The art style, characters and setting was brilliant.
        Didn't the second game **** it up, though?

I never played it the sequel, but I finished the original, and one of the more interesting things about the original setting was it tried to be quite adult, and was also the first video game I ever played to have a gay main character (the lead female was lesbian, though it had no relevance to the original game's plot - it just happened to be the case).

Then, in the sequel, they introduced another woman with large breasts, and I heard there was some pretty graphic lesbian content in it, which made me think that they might have sold out in favour of courting the 13 year-old boy demographic.

I never got a chance to play it, so I'm not sure why I think this. I must have read it in some review, or something. The front cover of it, with its double-cleavage certainly supports this notion.

Last edited by Asura; 16-03-2014, 07:10.

Comment

Remake -
          Resident Evil 2 & 3

Reboot - Resident Evil. RE6 was awful, they should reboot the series paying close attention to its roots/what people loved about the series.

Remake: Viewtiful Joe in HD with online leaderboards and challenges!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ouenben View Post
            Reboot - Resident Evil. RE6 was awful, they should reboot the series paying close attention to its roots/what people loved about the series.
            I think that's a tricky one.

Resident Evil has become one of those series like Sonic the Hedgehog, in that it's been going for so long and has done so many different things, that the brand means different things to different people. I got into Resident Evil with 2 when I was about 14, and when you consider it, there are whole generations now of gamers who got into the franchise with RE1, RE2, REmake, RE4, RE5... Quality might vary but they all offered something different.

A reboot now would clear out a lot of problems, but what would they do with it? REmake and RE4 were practically a reboot anyway, in terms of visuals and mechanics.

Comment

I'd also love to see a new Blast Corps, Unirally, Jet Set Radio, Pilotwings, Gunstar Heroes & Soul Reaver.

For me also:

Tale Concerto (such a charming little game! ),
              Metal Arms,
              Chrono Cross,
              Starfox Adventures,
              Probotector,
              Power Stone,
              Zombies Ate My Neighbours,
              A Quake Arena style game,
              The Chaos Engine.

Comment

Resident Evil Revelationa is really good.

Comment

Another shout for Burning Rangers, I'd also like to Road Rash rebooted. And a new Giant Gram wrestling game.

Purlease...

Comment

Originally posted by chipsgravy View Post
                    I'd also like to Road Rash rebooted.
                    Oh yes please!

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
                      A new Soul Reaver would be cool.
                      Abso-bloody-lutely.

One of my top twenty games of all time.

Comment

Regarding the Road Rash reboot, i'd settle for just some HD visuals with online lobbies with say 5-10 people. Would be so much fun skanking ( Cheers Prinny ) some online buddies with a bat or chain, TTTWWWAAACCCKK, take that and caught by the fuzz, would be an absolute giggle.

Comment

Road Rash has a spiritual successor - https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...oad-redemption

Comment

I think it's high time to do a proper reboot of The Silent Hill series. Konami should stop outsourcing the IP to outside devs who ruin it. (Homecoming was just awful, and Downpour didn't really feel like a proper Silent Hill game imo). However I've lost absolutely all faith in Konami after they let the atrocity that was Silent Hill 'HD collection' come out.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                              Pilotwings - N64 style, NOT 3DS style. Would love some new islands to explore, missions to chip away at, and elevator music to relax to.
                              Was going to post this. Would also like a new Wave Race, along the lines of Wave Race 64, not the pedestrian, hard-to-control Blue Storm.

Comment

Wave Race - Ridge Racer by Namco - Pilotwings - Any of these would be a good start

Comment

Working...
                                X