No announcement yet.

INFAMOUS SECOND SON review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was really impressed with the spray painting bit, the level of sensitivity in the pad is pretty damn good. Easily as good as the Wii

Comment

Just finished this, really enjoyed it.

I think they solved the main issue of the previous games by having the O button fast travesal moves, being able to warp up onto buildings with smoke and use the radar dishes really made everything much more immediate

Comment

Update is out 30fps cap/ HUD removal option

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
          Just finished this. Absolutely brilliant! Looks and sounds amazing. A good 9, let down only by THAT boss battle.
          Just finished this myself. Which boss battle? Can't say I was ever stuck. But I did make sure I was well powered before the final boss.

Is there any point in 100%ing anything? I'm going to explore a bit with the new power given at the end. Also, what do you have to do to rid the DUP of a region? After doing everything on the map for one region there's still about 12% apparently.

Edit: Seems more stuff has appeared after completion!
          Last edited by cutmymilk; 26-05-2014, 11:15.

Comment

Having recently got this Im about 35% through. Pretty underwhelmed to be honest, although I have just started getting the Neon powers so it may pick up. Its very straightforward and pretty repetitive, and playing on Normal, its also very easy. Graphically it is sharp, but not impressive in the same way as the rather epic Tomb Raider Definitive version I recently finished was. If anything, it feels rather 'last gen' to me. Its the sort of game Ill plough through as its easy to pick up and play, isn't in any way taxing, but will be largely forgotten completely in no time at all.

Comment

I'm about halfway? through so far just got my 3rd set of powers. It's fun, not top tier but a nice 20-30 hour diversion. Like the spray painting and some of the powers are pretty cool, I've got no idea what the story is about I guess I haven't taken much notice. It was free with PS Plus so can't complain!!

Comment

Finished this off, overall a solid game, I scored a 7 out of 10. Loved the reactions of peeps on the different playthroughs, I was evil on my second run and was so funny when they would scream and run away from you! I thought the evil powers were pretty cool and a lot easier than the good powers.

I'll give First Light a go next, I hear it's relatively short so worth a look. I've got so many PS+ games I need to try.

Comment

It is and I'd actually say it's a better game than Second Son. Saying that, 2, SS and First Light are all great games.

Comment

Working...
                  X