Dekamori Senran Kagura [PSV, digital]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dekamori Senran Kagura [PSV, digital]

Dekamori Senran Kagura is a rhythm game where the girls from the previous three SK games face off in a culinary contest.
    Each match is divided in three segments, with partial scoring in between the first two, and the final judgment after the third.
    As you have guessed, you have to input the right command (d-pad direction or face button) when the relative icon reaches the leftmost end of the two queue bars; in easy mode inputs there are only single inputs, but in normal and hard, there will be simultaneous inputs to perform, and the jump between easy and normal is quite a huge one...or at least, it was for me as I'm not really used to rhythm games.
    Achieving an high score during the first two segments of a match will trigger two things: destruction of your opponent's clothes (in perfect Senran Kagura style) and fill of the heart meter. With the heart meter full, a heart icon will appear during the third segment, and if hit (any input), you'll trigger close-ups of your opponent, with her destroyed clothes. Get a full victory over her, and her clothes will be completely removed and at the end of the battle you'll get...ah, words escape me. Click here, last image.

There's story mode, there's arcade mode, there's free mode, but who cares, it's a Senran Kagura game, and as long there's the (interactive) dressing room, all is fine. Who cares if the songs are a mix of vocals and instrumentals that don't really tell you anything, this game is pure fanservice that brings SK in new territories, and probably will spell the direction the series will take...which is kinda sad, as in the first two SKs fanservice was there but was in check, since Shinovi Versus everything went completely overboard, but since it sells, who cares?

I'd like to know the creative process behind this game. I guess that one developer was in a Comick Market (or similar fair), found a doujinshi about SK characters in apron only and tought "mhmmm, I could make a game out of this", submitted the idea to Marvelous executives who tought "mhmmm, this will sell", and the game was greenlighted.

Anyway, that's Dekamori Senran Kagura. Can't really tell if the rhythm part of the game is good or not (except that songs are lackluster), but I can tell you it's the kind of game that you don't want to be caught playing.

Is this getting a boxed release? Can't see it listed for sale anywhere.

Comment

No, digital only. Senran Kagura 2 on the 3DS will get a boxed release, and probably Burst on the Vita got one as well.

Comment

Ok, I know this has probably been covered before but to use a Japanese account, I use my second memory stick and when I switch them over I have to reset my Vita to factory default?

I'm really enjoying the new PAL 3DS Senran Kagura game and have been tempted by a rhythm game with all the Hatsune Miku talk on the forum recently.

Comment

1) Restore Vita to factory settings, when asked if you would like to deactivate it from your PSN account, select 'Yes'. DON'T erase your memory card when prompted (obviously).
          2) Turn Vita off, remove UK memory card and insert JP memory card.
          3) Turn Vita on.
          4) Sign into JP account when prompted during initial setup.
          5) Bob is indeed your close relative.

Comment

Better ask in the tech sub-forum, I have my Vita on the Japanese account since I've bought it.

Comment

Perfect, cheers wakka!

Comment

No probs. Make sure you have synched all your trophies to the cloud before you restore, if you care about them. They'll be erased as part of the full restore, as will your Near data.

Comment

Related:

The office of series producer Kenichiro Takaki.

Comment

Listed on official E3 site as Senran Kagura Bon Appetite.

Comment

Originally posted by chopemon View Post
                      Listed on official E3 site as Senran Kagura Bon Appetite.

As long as it gets a PAL release!

Comment

Been playing the PAL released and really enjoyed it at the start. I picked Asuka and started her story mode. I progressed a few battles in and met Daidoji (I think I got her name right). He song is a massive difficulty spike and kicked my ass. I backed out of story mode and went looking for a way to play specific songs or parts of songs so I could practice the mega hard bit in her third round without having to go through the other parts.

Turns out that was a bad idea as it no longer recognises my story progression. The save game name shows that it exists and all my outfit unlocks are intact. I have had to start her story again but it has matched me with different opponents after the first one. I have no idea if any of this is a bug but it looks like it you exit story mode, you have to restart and then you have a semi random line up of opponents.

Pretty frustrated by that but otherwise I really like the game. Seems to be loads of it tied up in DLC though. Over half the characters need DLC to unlock which is pretty poor.

Comment

You sure you picked story mode and not arcade? Progression in story is fixed, while arcade is random. I honestly never stopped during story mode, so I wouldn't know if there's a bug, though IIRC the game asks you to save after every round...weird. Maybe I'll check on the Japanese version if I have some spare moments.

Comment

Yeah, I picked story, it started with the old dude describing the reasons for starting the cooking competition and then Asuka talks about filling the girls full of wide and lengthy futomaki.

When I played it first the story had me fight Ikaruga then Katsuragi and this playthrough started with Ikaruga then the green haired girl.

I'm going to keep going but the battle I found difficult against Daijobi might be my stopping point. The third bit on her song got super complicated out of nowhere, not sure I'm fast enough to keep up!

Comment

green haired girl.
                              Hikage

Daijobi
                              Daidoji. You got her right the first time! I think the most difficult song in the game is Suzune's, even on easy there are multiple inputs, and it's also one of the fastest songs in the game.

Comment

Working...
                              X