No announcement yet.

The Expendables 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im assuming for that list C5 tried to avoid allowing more than one entry per franchise be included which is daft as the best entry doesn't necessarily negate the strengths of other entries. Like said above FF is a great example, as is Die Hard.

We should include multiple series entries should we feel the film is strong enough. My top 20 in no order is easy to think of

Comment

Originally posted by Garny View Post
      Agree with all this, and where the hell is Aliens?
      And Hard Boiled?

Comment

Yeah, only one film per franchise.
        With Bond, they said Skyfall because it's the highest grossing Bond film.

F&F - they listed the first one as it may not be the best in the series, but it did strike a chord with audiences worldwide.

Comment

Expendables 2 > Expendables for a start...

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
            Expendables 2 > Expendables for a start...
            No way, the first one was way better, number 2 was way too cheesy.

By the way, funny this is Expendables 4 thread when number 3 isn't even out in a while.

Comment

We can thank Sly for that, he loves a running franchise.

I'm in with Ex2 being better than Ex1 too. The first suffers because of the lack of cheese, it's also worse directed with a worse bad guy and less memorable action. Either 3 or 4 really needs to deliver on trying to be the all star retro action fest these films should be.

Comment

Sylvester Stallone may be finished with “The Expendables” for now, but he’s already at work preparing for another sequel, a fifth “Rambo”. Stallone has been talking up the film for years, saying it will essentially be a “melancholy end” to the franchise with a “No Country for Old Men”-style tone. Appearing at a party in […]

Jackie Chan explains why he keeps turning Stallone down for EX films

Comment

Jackie just needed to say because they're utter, utter ****e and everyone would understand!

I'd watch Shanghai Dawn tho

Comment

Whilst the financiers are blaming pirates and a leaked screener for the failure of the third “The Expendables” film, the franchise’s creator Sylvester Stallone seems a bit more clued in. Attempts were made with the third film to broaden the appeal of the franchise, namely by including a bunch of younger cast members and changing […]

After the third films earnings you'd expect this to be dead but Stallone seems chipper that it's moving ahead. The studio seems pretty sure it was the very early pirate leak that killed the box office whereas Stallone is placing the blame on the film not being R-Rated. He says that reducing the violence in an attempt to catch a wider audience just meant they lost the core fans who bought into the first two.

I'm not gonna lie, I place all three fairly close together but I kind of prefer EX3 out of them. Seemed more lively and fun. I reckon both the studio and Stallone are wrong on this one though.

The three films were made very close together and none delivered what fans of the stars actually wanted. I honestly don't think movie goers outside of genre nerds pay much attention to classification ratings to care either. For EX4, Stallone needs to bring the series closer in line with the tone of the films they were all making in the 80's and 90's. The violence is fine either way he chooses but he needs to trim the cast down, probably have someone be expendable along the way too. He needs to have the kind of proper X vs X confrontations people want to see too, try to make more of an event of the casting rather than a cameo conveyor belt.

I'm happy the fourth film is still happening, I just hope they can deliver something next time closer to what people want to see before the chances to do it run out. Rambo 4 was so much closer to how these should have been.

Comment

The leak probably didn't help. I don't think the rating had much to do with it. I reckon most of it is simply that the first two weren't awesome and there were better movies out.

Comment

That's it, I find it almost odd that there are already three of them so quickly. Some more time spent ironing out the pacing and writing (especially the dialogue and delivery of it) will instantly make a better entry.

Comment

Two men have been arrested in England on suspicion of leaking copies of “The Expandables 3” online three weeks before its official release this past Summer. The pair were taken into custody by U.K. anti-piracy police and are suspected of stealing a high-quality copy of the film from a cloud-based system before uploading it on […]

Two UK men have been arrested in relation to this summers online leak of EX3

Comment

Sly shoots down a casting rumour but the main thing here is it seems this is still coming our way despite EX3's money woes.

Comment

Haven't even see three yet, two was absolutely awful.

Comment

Save yourself the two hours. Please.

Comment

Working...
                                X