This Time with Alan Patridge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This Time with Alan Patridge

Baby Cow Productions co-founder Henry Normal says that Steve Coogan’s iconic character Alan Partridge is set to return in both a film sequel and a new special for British broadcaster Sky. Speaking at Advertising Week Europe, Normal says: “We are planning a sequel, yes, that will be great. We are also looking at doing more […]

The co-founder of Baby Cow Productions has stated that they are planning out a Sky TV special for the Alan Partridge character in addition to some more Mid Morning Matters.

Additionally though, a full fledged sequel to the recent movie is also being worked on with writing under way and filming planned for summer this year.
    Last edited by Neon Ignition; 14-02-2019, 08:29.

This Time with Alan Partridge will start on BBC1 at 9.30pm on 25 February 2019

Comment

I am super excited. I spent most of yesterday thinking of owl sanctuaries.

Comment

Watched the first episode and... there's some good moments in there but taken in isolation so far it's probably the weakest Partridge content Coogan has ever done. There were one or two jokes that landed but the structure of this didn't land for me and as much as the set up gives Alan an awkward set up to say dumb things and show himself up it feels so much more restrictive than pretty much every other show they've done. There's all series to build on as yet but so far, so meh

Comment

Second episode was a bit better though still not gold. I feel there's a MeToo storyline coming down the line as each male presenter keeps touching the female lead on the leg. The latest ep was more a chance to see jealous Partridge on show again but overall it was pretty predictable stuff.

Comment

After the initial buzz of having AP back on the screen I definitely laughed less last night. It's still great, but as someone else mentioned it lacks a certain something that maybe Armando Iannucci and Peter Baynam brought to the writing.

Comment

For me part of it is also that career slump desperate Alan makes for a more entertaining one

Comment

Quality ep last night ... some proper big laughs

Comment

I think they've all been great so far

Comment

How come Iannucci and Baynham aren't involved anymore? Any fallings out or just moved onto other things?

I've held off watching the last couple of eps of this. There's like this scared little humour mouse inside that's constantly dreading it not being as funny as I want it to be.

Was cracking up last night listening to that radio interview with Chris Morris where they're talking about the JFK assassination. Proper funny stuff.

Comment

I know there was a huge barney between Lee & Herring and Patrick Marber over stuff they did for On The Hour.

Comment

Another quality episode this week. I had had to pause it I was laughing so much ... proper tears and everything. Surprised I didn't wake the kids up.

Comment

Irish Alan was a masterclass in character comedy by Coogan.

Post-Iannoucchi Partridge is a bit different and for me, nothing will ever beat "I'm" (the first series in particular) but I am thoroughly enjoying this. It's every bit as good as the film and Sky Atlantic stuff. Alan's Comic Relief bit is worth a watch too.

Comment

Originally posted by Super Monkey Balls View Post

Irish Alan was a masterclass in character comedy by Coogan.
                            As soon as they trailed an

Alan look-alike at the top of the show, you just knew it would be unflattering in some way. But the delivery even surpassed all anticipation. And (real) Alan's uncomfortable body language was perfect

Comment

I'm firmly in the camp of enjoying this but it's comfortably weaker than pretty much the entire Alan-canon that came before it. I find the nature of the show skirts the moments like Alan in Crash Bang Whollop which are fine but not his finest. If anything I'm beginning to wonder if this will wrap up as a bit of an Knowing Me retread.

Comment

Working...
                              X