Golf games - what are you playing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Golf games - what are you playing?

Much as I love the Everybody's Golf series, I'd like a dry, po-faced normal game to play as well.

What other golf games are there, preferably on PSP or Vita, but if not, then on PS3? Any good ones? Not into motion-controlled golf, otherwise would play Wii Sports.

Stating the obvious, the EA Tiger Woods series on PS3, last years version must be cheap as chips, I haven't played one since about 2012 and it was good must admit.

Comment

Thanks - that is on my list. Wondered if there were any Indie games on Vita in particular. If not, will look to old ones in that series, I suppose.

Comment

Did like the Tiger Woods series up until 2010, loved the control system but it got seriously screwed up after that
        Looking forward to Mario golf on 3ds but would love to have a serious contender on next gen

Comment

Wii sports u golf is superb, as is mario golf 3ds.

I don't know any recent realistic gold games I would avoid any ea games like a plague tho.

Comment

Been playing a bit of the original DOS PGA Tour Golf, is still a cracker.

What I dont like is golf games that deviate from the standard mechanics.

Comment

I played the demo of Mario Golf on the 3DS and really enjoyed it. Reminded me of the Gamecube game which is probably the best thing you could say about it!

Comment

I am almost certainly going to get Mario Golf 3DS, but I also fancy a realistic looking golf game.

Big Edd, what went wrong with the series after 2010?

Comment

EA kept messing around with ball focus and for me 2010 had the best controls in the series
                  Ive tried the later series and it doesn't gel with me, might be me

Comment

I don't mind playing ancient versions of EA games. I am still playing Fifa 08 on PS3! Might look for an update if I find a newer one for pennies. So I'll read reviews of 2010 with interest.

Comment

I'm not really into Golf games, but I've really enjoyed playing Powerstar golf.

Comment

I cant stand tiger Woods games, I'm looking forward to 'the golf club' and a new Everybody's golf on ps4.

Comment

Is Neo Turf Masters the best golf game ever?

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
                            No that would be EA PGA Golf III on the Mega Drive

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
                              It's debatable.

Irem Skins on the SNES/SFC would have to be in that conversation, surely?
                              Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 24-08-2015, 12:01. Reason: Typed "Links" instead of "Skins". D'oh!

Comment

Working...
                              X