Arcade bar top cabinet advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
    Why don't you just get a PVM and an arcade stick?
    Sorry for my ignorance but what's a PVM?

Comment

Poncy Video Monitor

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
        Poncy Video Monitor
        LOL

Comment

PVM (Parallel Virtual Machine) is a software package that permits a heterogeneous collection of Unix and/or Windows computers hooked together by a network to be used as a single large parallel computer. Thus large computational problems can be solved more cost effectively by using the aggregate power and memory of many computers. The software is very portable. The source, which is available free thru netlib, has been compiled on everything from laptops to CRAYs.

PVM enables users to exploit their existing computer hardware to solve much larger problems at minimal additional cost. Hundreds of sites around the world are using PVM to solve important scientific, industrial, and medical problems in addition to PVM's use as an educational tool to teach parallel programming. With tens of thousands of users, PVM has become the de facto standard for distributed computing world-wide.
          Ok, seriously, it's an old Sony CRT monitor!

I quite like using LCD with scanlines and my eyes are a lot happier for it. If you don't have the room then CRT vs LCD is a moot point, anyway.

Comment

I'm looking to make a Tate bartop Arcade with a Raspberry Pie 3+ I have and my previous 16:9 monitor (won't be showing the whole screen of course). Does anyone know of a place that does tate bartop cabinets for DIY construction? Here in Japan we can only get over priced crap from 1up Arcade.
            Please keep in mind that Ebay is not an option.

Comment

Bitcade?
              BitCade are one of the UK's leading suppliers of new, hand-built arcade machines. We lovingly create machines inspired by the original retro machines.

Arcade World UK?
              We stock a range of bar top cabinet kits, which are suitable for various arcade machine projects, commercial use and academic projects.

Did @phillai get anything in the end?

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                Bitcade?
                BitCade are one of the UK's leading suppliers of new, hand-built arcade machines. We lovingly create machines inspired by the original retro machines.

Arcade World UK?
                We stock a range of bar top cabinet kits, which are suitable for various arcade machine projects, commercial use and academic projects.

Did @phillai get anything in the end?
                Cheers man. I'll take a look.

Comment

Look for a cheap used iCade ideal for such projects. I have that, a Pi3 and a LS-32 all waiting to be unified in glorious tate goodness.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
                    Look for a cheap used iCade ideal for such projects. I have that, a Pi3 and a LS-32 all waiting to be unified in glorious tate goodness.
                    That's a great idea. Not sure if my monitor would fit in one of those. Will check them out though.

Comment

Working...
                    X