Arcade bar top cabinet advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arcade bar top cabinet advice

I attended the Play Blackpool event today and it was awesome.

Some dude had some impressive arcade bar top cabinets and I wanna try and build my own and go one better than his cabs but before I do I got one small question before I start.

What was the average 4:3 screen size in inches in the arcades back before they did widescreen?

19 inch in woodies If I remember

Japanese cabs were mainly 25/29 inch with a few exceptions.

Comment

Did you see that Picade Kickstarter project? Looks swiggedy-sweet!

Comment

As nice as they look i can't really see the point of them if you already have a pc that's able to run MAME.

Comment

You've seen this guys site?

I've always been tempted by the Xbox conversion as I have one with a 320Gb HDD sitting in my attic.

Comment

Yeah I saw picade. Sure looks interesting if a little small.

These are the ones I saw at the show. I think he said the large 4:3 was 19".
            He also had a 17" wide-screen which looked sweet with one of the one on one fighters that he showed me but of course that was a wide-screen game. When he showed me same game playing older 4:3 games it was stretched out so I will probably go the 4:3 route.

Check out his cabs on his Facebook...
            Last edited by phillai; 04-05-2014, 00:15.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
              As nice as they look i can't really see the point of them if you already have a pc that's able to run MAME.
              Nowt like the old shool feeling of trying to beat the arcade on an arcade!

Comment

Except it's not an arcade just a box with arcade controls on it and some form of pc running mame. You might as well just build a decent arcade stick with trackball & spinner & connect it to your pc.

Comment

Paul who does those arcade bar tops said his cabs have proper jamma boards in them with around 350 games.

The arcade bar top cab project I have in mind, I want a similar sized one like what Paul does but I'm thinking of mini itx mobo with hyperspin interface.

Comment

350 JAMMA boards wouldn't fit inside any cabinet I know of..

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                      350 JAMMA boards wouldn't fit inside any cabinet I know of..
                      LOL, maybe I got it wrong on what he told me!

Comment

Perhaps it was one of those multiple game boards with a JAMMA edge.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                          Perhaps it was one of those multiple game boards with a JAMMA edge.
                          Yeah I think that's what it was exactly that - Never heard of this before, surely can't really be legal.

Comment

Not even remotely legal.

Comment

I quite fancy the Picade now and I actually was going to buy it but I can't seem to buy it on their website!!

Comment

Working...
                              X