No announcement yet.

Halo : the Master Chef Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's been rumoured for reveal for the last week or two again but...

The W10 Store accidentally updated to list the Surface Hub as a supported play method and it looks likely a Windows 10 port of the collection is imminent.

Comment

Officially announced for Steam and Windows 10 Store

Halo: Reach also confirmed to be added to the collection for PC and XBO

The collection will be released title by title rather than all in one on PC with Halo: Reach targeted to be the first title in the franchise released. After this each subsequent title will launch over the coming months (Reach launches late 2019) in narrative order. Each will be available for individual purchase also but not yet 100% confirmed for how Play Anywhere will be implemented to existing owners and no word on Halo 5.

Comment

Great news, and looking forward to trying Reach again.

I did chuckle upon reading the early part of the Resetera thread last night. Only took a few posts for the 'get f###ed epic' responses.

Last edited by Digfox; 13-03-2019, 10:39.

Comment

I’m not happy I don’t have a choice to purchase this through the epic store. My choice has been completely taken away and I’m not buying it out of protest 😏

Comment

I want to know how they'll deliver this via PC. I'm all up for revisiting it but having spent full whack on the collection on XBO digitally I'm not rebuying it

Comment

Reach is a seperate purchase either way, so you'll have to buy it

Comment

Reach will be on Game Pass though.

Comment

I'd be okay with that. If the rest of the collection presumably carries over your ownership that will only leave Reach and I'll play that when I Game Pass an XBO new release.

Comment

I can't remember at what point this thread became Master Chef.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                        I'd be okay with that. If the rest of the collection presumably carries over your ownership that will only leave Reach and I'll play that when I Game Pass an XBO new release.
                        Yea, Halo Master Chef Collection is still showing as on Game Pass for me. So the whole thing, including Reach should be free that way. What isn't clear is whether the PC version will be Play Anywhere on the Microsoft Store. If it is, then that should also cover the PC release (MS Store, not Steam version).

Although there is so much goodness in this collection that I don't think many would begrudge paying for it twice. I purchased it on Xbox at launch but would certainly consider buying it on Steam again if I wanted to own it on that platform.
                        Last edited by Digfox; 14-03-2019, 09:55.

Comment

I've had the early access build on Xbox insider for a few months, it looks and plays really good in 4k60 now...

I didn't up into multiplayer which is where most of the fixes were required but given how long there spent tweaking it you'd presume it's what it should have been. PC is great but bit annoyed is not a play anywhere title. Might double dip on Steam though as value for money it's still incredible.

Comment

As much as it's a good collection, I'd Game Pass it in time, they're not getting double dip money from me

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                              I can't remember at what point this thread became Master Chef.
                              It was [MENTION=25]charlesr[/MENTION] in 2014, that scamp!

Comment

I've been laughing every time I see this thread for 5 years. Easily pleased

Comment

Working...
                                X