Halo : the Master Chef Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Halo : the Master Chef Collection

Master Chief is getting a facelift with an HD collection of his exploits. We've learned that Halo: Combat Evolved, Halo 2, Halo 3 and Halo 4 are being collected in a Master Chief-focused HD remaster coming from Microsoft. Our sources say that the set will zero in on Halo's most famous soldier to refresh audience's memories ahead of Halo 5: Guardians' release, so curiosities like Halo 3: ODST and Halo: Reach likely won't be a part of the package. The game's developer is unknown at this point, but considering that Saber Interactive handled Combat Evolved Anniversary and is also working on an unannounced Xbox One project, the team is a likely suspect. Also unclear are plans for digital distribution, resolution and frame-rate (Microsoft bragged that that the next Halo will run at a "blistering" 60fps), piecemeal releases, or if the games will surface on other platforms as well (PC, anyone?).

Master Chief is getting a facelift with an HD collection of his exploits. We've learned that Halo: Combat Evolved, Halo 2, Halo 3 and Halo 4 are being collected in a Master Chief-focused HD remaster coming from Microsoft. Our sources say that the set will zero in on Halo's most famous soldier to refresh audience's memories ahead of Halo 5's release, so curiosities like Halo 3: ODST and Halo: Reach likely won't be a part of the package.

Shame Reach wouldn't be part, I enjoyed that one. ODiousST they can keep.

Hmm, curious what, if any, work has been put into this assuming its on XBO and not just a cheap thrown out 360 only bundle

Comment

This contradicts the rumor from leaker NTKRNL that there was a Halo 2 anniversary coming at the end of the year, this sounds quite different to just H2.

Halo 5 uses a new engine, so it seems unlikely they would have the time and resources to remake 4 entire games and/or port them to a new engine.

If this is coming, my bet would be that it was a few levels from each game which highlight just how awesome master chief was, all wrapped up as the missions being recalled by a military historian or more likely a computer archive.

They would then finish it up with a prologue mission for Halo 5 and maybe a few fave multiplayer maps serving a beta/demo for the full Halo 5 multiplayer.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
        This contradicts the rumor from leaker NTKRNL that there was a Halo 2 anniversary coming at the end of the year, this sounds quite different to just H2.

Halo 5 uses a new engine, so it seems unlikely they would have the time and resources to remake 4 entire games and/or port them to a new engine.

If this is coming, my bet would be that it was a few levels from each game which highlight just how awesome master chief was, all wrapped up as the missions being recalled by a military historian or more likely a computer archive.

They would then finish it up with a prologue mission for Halo 5 and maybe a few fave multiplayer maps serving a beta/demo for the full Halo 5 multiplayer.
        So just the first 4 levels from CE to demonstrate his awesomeness then? Should be simple for someone to do I think.

Comment

I was reading the original leak, the guy claimed that there was going to be a full remake of Halo 2 and then ports of 3 and 4

Comment

Seems a waste of time given they've only recently given Halo a rework and 360 owners are still hoping/expecting Halo 2 AE. Given they'd already been working on Halo 2, 1 was done and 4 doesn't need much it would only really leave Halo 3 as the ugly duck. They could have outsourced that too so it'd only need that one game to get a visual upgrade in line with the 2 AE's and then the XBO's higher res could pull it up together to justify a collection on the system. Completely remaking Halo seems excessive this soon, then again, I suppose MS will want something Halo this year if they suspect Sony might get something like Uncharted out for Xmas.

Comment

if true i would not be too excited to be honest. 4 remakes coming in one package can only mean there's been put very little effort in each one of them. besides Halo 4 wouldn't need much makeover, it's already HD 720p and looks splendid.

i doubt this collection is coming - it's just too much work for a single studio i guess. and MS can't afford to risk this franchise in terms of quality.

Comment

Originally posted by Uli View Post
                i doubt this collection is coming - it's just too much work for a single studio i guess. and MS can't afford to risk this franchise in terms of quality.
                Did you not play Halo Anniversary?

Comment

I'd be tempted by a One if this were released. I've always been a fan of the Halo series despite not really owning Microsoft consoles (the games just really stood out among all those modern and WW2 shooters), but only completed the first 3 games. If this collection features all of the XBox 1 and 360 games in some form, I'd be very tempted.

Comment

Originally posted by sj33 View Post
                    I'd be tempted by a One if this were released. I've always been a fan of the Halo series despite not really owning Microsoft consoles (the games just really stood out among all those modern and WW2 shooters), but only completed the first 3 games. If this collection features all of the XBox 1 and 360 games in some form, I'd be very tempted.
                    But you've already played 3 out of the (supposed) 4 games in the collection, you'd buy Xbox One for just a prettied up Halo 4?

I doubt this is real, or if this is, Microsoft seems pretty desperate for games.

Comment

MS desperate for games?

Comment

Originally posted by Family Fry View Post
                        MS desperate for games?
                        Definitely but both new platforms need exclusive content this year. This is no different to Sony getting The Last of Us out on PS4 with the slight exception being this is a collection of older games that could probably do with the HD treatment and flows into a new entry in the series next year.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                          Did you not play Halo Anniversary?
                          of course, i was also contributing to the review thread. your point?

Comment

Collection trailer:

and Halo 2 Anniversary footage

Comment

Been reading up on this and as hoped for you can matchmake across the maps from all 4 games. Even as someone not usually wowed by Halo's, this is a brilliant package

Comment

Working...
                              X