No announcement yet.

Wolfenstein: The New Order review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got up to chapter 12 on this yesterday, I expect I'll finish it off today. At times you think to yourself it's starting to click as a game, only to then piss about doing some sort of blatantly filler mission which is obviously just in there to pad the game out. Oddly it seems to get a bit better looking as it goes on instead of the usual starting big then fading off. I suppose the funniest bit about it for me being Scottish is the Scotsman in it and they've managed to have him swear in the right context. Never thought I'd hear the phrase "baw bag" in a game..........

Comment

I thought it was funny that if you set subtitles to "foreign voices" the Scottish guy is subtitled!

Comment

Just finished it, some bits were really, really good but overall it was a bit average.

Comment

Just completed it on the second to top difficulty - best FPS I've played in ages. Really, really enjoyed it

Comment

Completed it now. I knocked down the difficulty for the last few levels as it was dragging and some of the difficulty spikes were irritating me.

Old school FPS, large number of levels, great art design, super wonderful 60FPS, Rage engine unchanged and still bad close to objects, dark humor and actually an OK story.

The ending was interesting.

Spoliers -> You

have ruined the life of the female evil lord by damaging her face and killing her lover. The climatic end of killing the mail evil lord left me cold. Not satisfying at all.

Not a bad game.

Comment

Just finished this and loved it, oddly touching in places and as others have mentioned its damn good fun.

Comment

Working...
              X