No announcement yet.

Astebreed - PC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is up on the J store. Just bought it and will try it over the weekend.

Comment

Gave it a shot...well, the shot ended up in playing the whole game again They've added a PS4 original mode, with extra illustrations and more story segments, the game itself isn't that different from the original. Playing this on my US account, and it has English subtitles...except for the new spoken lines. Oh well. Have to get used to the remapped controls, then will attempt high score runs.

Comment

Got through both Original and Arrange modes on the PS4. I was kinda amazed to see how different they play, despite levels, enemy patterns, and bosses being the same.
        Arrange mode has only one shoot mode (wide), moves the lock cotnrol to the right analog stick (R3 for circle lock-on, stick for cone lock-on), gives the dash attack its own button; you can keep fire and balde buttons down for continuous fire, and the way lock-on is achieved makes the game even better. I've always felt that the original Astebreed was limited by its control scheme, as you had to overthink the buttons to get things done: having the lock and fire buttons together didn't help either, and using the cone lock-on was a bit fiddly. Arrange deals away with that, and cone lock-on can also be rotated around, making it more useful than the circular one, though the latter still retains usefulness when enemies come from the background.
        Arrange mode is played more like a normal shoot'em'up, while in Original I usually relied on the dash attack+circle lock-on, often sacrificing the multiplier; in Arrange I barely used the dash (when I did it was to get past unblockable bullets), and locking on enemies is incredibly natural, and you can pace the shooting as you can see fit as you don't have to alternate between mashing or keeping buttons down to lock.
        Arrange and Original have their own ending illustrations, and thanks to the way the two modes play, both are more than worth playing through at least once.

Final note: Playism already have plans to bring Astebreed (and Croixleur Sigma...maybe even Prismatic Solid) to western PS4s.

Comment

Out on June 25 on PS4 PSN.

Comment

The PC version is currently ?2.74 in the Steam Sale (and for the next 24 hours).
            Climb into the cockpit of an otherworldly war machine and fly into battle against a horrifying alien race bent on eradicating humanity to preserve their own civilization.

Comment

Working...
            X