No announcement yet.

Crackdown (Xbox One)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think anyone who's followed this believed that the multiplayer destruction shown in 2015 would actually materialise.

I shall give the campaign a go once the game appears on Game Pass.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
      I don't think anyone who's followed this believed that the multiplayer destruction shown in 2015 would actually materialise.

I shall give the campaign a go once the game appears on Game Pass.
      Is it not on Game Pass at launch?
      Last edited by thetrooper; 14-02-2019, 13:30.

Comment

Originally posted by thetrooper View Post
        Is not on Game Pass at launch?
        It is, which is tomorrow. 66% on Metacritic currently

Comment

Originally posted by thetrooper View Post
          Is it not on Game Pass at launch?
          Yes, but that launch is tomorrow.

Yeah, the reviews are not exactly glowing - from what I've seen of the single player so far, it looks like more of the same from the first game and I quite enjoyed that for the time I spent with it.

Comment

Hmm, the destruction doesn't bother me. It's more embarrassing because at face value the early footage doesn't look like it should require 'cloud' tech to accomplish either so missing that goal so widely is weak. As for the main game, it's mostly just good Game Pass exists. Crackdown 2 was more of the same yet it missed the magic mark a fair bit so lacklustre reviews for CD3 as well suggests no-one spend £50 on it... or MS make any more?

Comment

Busy time for releases begins and it looks like reviews get higher in count on the poor end as they go. Same largely for Far Cry too, Metro is holding up well thank god, automatically CD drops down the pile

Comment

It's on Game Pass now.

Comment

Seems to be from the reviews they have just brought out what amounts to Crackdown Remastered, its not supposed to be a bad game its just not changed anything in the ten years since we last played it. I might pick up a gamepass to give it a go As that loop of collecting power orbs, killing badguys, and clearing out the city sector by sector is still supposed to be fun. So the 60 on metacritic is more because It's just not very new or original and you could pretty much get the same experience by going back to your 360 and booting up Crackdown.

Comment

Crackdown original works on Xbox One too as it's in the BC list - works quite well.

Comment

good analysis of the tech and what we where promised and what we got the final line summery is enough for me to pick up a gamepass and at least give this a go to see if i still enjoy this as a game.

The journey towards Crackdown 3's release has not been a smooth one - but after some four years in development, the gam…

With a focus on collecting orbs and platforming, being able to take down structures would break the level design. The city itself is also far more complex in terms of design compared to Wrecking Zone - and indeed the cityscapes revealed in those older demos. But just to stress it one more time - what you do get really is a proper Crackdown sequel that honours the concept of the original while delivering visuals worthy of current generation hardware. It looks great, plays just as you would expect from a Crackdown game and runs smoothly too - especially so on Xbox One X.

Comment

I bought the physical release today to avoid any downloading and it needs a 13GB update! I doubt I’ll be playing before next week!

Comment

Well, I'll be playing this over the weekend!

Well worth everyone who isn't signed up to Game Pass giving this a go. For the next 5 days if you don't have an existing Game Pass subscription Microsoft is only charging £2 for 2 months subscription to the service making this a slam dunk.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                            Crackdown original works on Xbox One too as it's in the BC list - works quite well.
                            Aye, and in 4K too.

Comment

Got to say despite the pounding it’s been getting, I absolutely love it, I’m having so much fun. Yeah it’s not perfect but I can’t put the game down and for me it looks stunning, at least on PC. I haven’t played crackdown 2 since it first came out all those years ago so the game feels fresh to me.

Comment

It's okay but it's little more than a reskin of the first game and not even much of a reskin; it's far from a must play, let alone a must buy. It's telling that less people are watching streams of this game than Chess and Donkey Kong 64 on Twitch.

Play the 4K'd Crackdown 1 on BC and you're getting near enough the same experience.

Comment

Working...
                                X