No announcement yet.

Amiibo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As someone who has 172 Skylander figurines...my wallet just died. Again.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidH View Post
      Yes some of the Pokemon Rumble ones last year were pretty fragile and broke easily.
      I was going to say, considering the idea that you are meant to chuck it on your bag and take it to friends houses these will not survive the trip, cue 3rd party carry cases for your Amiibos!

Comment

Originally posted by 'Press Start' View Post
        It is DLC/Memory stick in a plastic figure....
        Are you sure? Or is it just an activation module for something that's already in the game?

Comment

Nintendo version is a bit better than that. You save your character on it. So like a chao on a vmu

Comment

I absolutely love the figurines can see me purchasing these, how many depends on price of course. It shall be interesting to see if Nintendo explore the option of adding other franchise characters such as Link and Samus Etc to Mario Kart, that would truly be ace.

Only problem i have with the figures is the Mrs is already getting fed up with what she calls my gaming clutter. Not easy finding room in one bedroom apartment

Comment

It's a buy from me.

Comment

Me too, I'm a sucker for this stuff.

Comment

I've not actually put in any more pre-orders this year despite the 30% discount Bestbuy is offering - nothing new is jumping out at me. I'll have the money to get these instead

Comment

Originally posted by danholo View Post
                    Are you sure? Or is it just an activation module for something that's already in the game?
                    Well you can transfer stuff to it and take it to your mates. So maybe a bit of both?

Comment

The thing is I either want them all or none at all... well maybe just Mario... and maybe Link

And Donkey Kong.

Comment

I've a feeling Amiibo could turn things around for the WiiU

Comment

I'd love to see a massive shift in Wii U's fortune into a massive success but it's never really happened before. It's only heading one way, no matter how many games come out it will go the way of the Saturn and Dreamcast.

Sony did a good job of revising the PS3 but I can't see this kind of turnaround for the Wii U, although I wish I was wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by MarioMark View Post
                            I'd love to see a massive shift in Wii U's fortune into a massive success but it's never really happened before.
                            The PS3 had a pretty spectacular turnaround after a poor initial 18 months, as did the 3DS.

It doesn't need to "win" in terms of sales, really - just do enough to restore confidence in the platform.

Comment

Would you count the N64 as a success? Something like 30 million sales. Maybe the Wii U could match N64's success but without 3rd party support it's going to be hard. Nintendo can only take it so far, amiibo is a step in the right direction though.

Comment

Originally posted by MarioMark View Post
                                Would you count the N64 as a success? Something like 30 million sales.
                                Yes; particularly in the USA. The problem though is that the N64's appeal was the traditional gamer userbase, i.e. "core gamers and kids". The problem now is that the kid market has been eroded by other devices, like tablets and such, that are much cheaper if parents just want to give their kids something to make them shut up.

My nephews are pre-school age, and both have Tesco Hudls, and are highly unlikely to ever own a dedicated handheld until they're old enough to buy one themselves. Conversely tablet computers are important for kids, as they're likely to grow up with them being an ever-present element in their lives - it's as useful a skillset for that generation as being able to touch-type was for my school years.

Comment

Working...
                                X