Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thread Read tracking change

Hi all

The newer server should be powerful enough to do proper thread tracking.
    Once you've finished, you may want to hit the "Forum Actions / Mark forums Read" button in the menus under the banner.

Since we've not used this option before it might be a bit confusing at first.
    Please provide feedback here.

Really affects using the "New Posts" button which I use a lot, weird posting in a thread then for it not to be on the new posts list, will just take some getting used to.

Comment

Give it a couple of weeks. If it's rubbish, I'll change back.

Comment

change it back! please, old way was best.

Comment

To provide a contrasting opinion, I find this way much better. It's far easier to see what I've read and what I haven't.

Comment

I'm liking the new way. I just need to remember to hit "mark forums as read" though. Keep forgetting.
            Is it totally reliable? Every now and then I think it's not quite right.

Comment

Yep seems spot on to me, and two weeks in I'm used to it now.

Comment

I prefer it this new way

Comment

Originally posted by beecee View Post
                  change it back! please, old way was best.
                  Please can you comment on why you prefer the old way? Or is it just "change is bad!"? Thanks dude.

Comment

If I make a post, you would think that would be classed as "just updated", but instead of being at the top of the list, it just disappears until somebody else posts.

Sometimes, I want to go back to check spelling, add a link or attach a picture of kids dressed as monkeys riding bikes.

Last edited by QualityChimp; 09-07-2014, 09:33. Reason: Added picture of monkey-faced kids on bikes

Comment

That is of course the best justification ever for reverting back QC, can never have too many bike riding monkeys. Had crossed my mind too.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                        Please can you comment on why you prefer the old way? Or is it just "change is bad!"? Thanks dude.
                        its not change is bad, just i pop in here at work and at home, if i mark all threads read, at work and go home its no cleared.

i liked when i visited, it all was automaticaly done, i knew what threds i read and what is didn't.

but i can go with the flow.... just need to remember to keep on marking all threads read before i go.
                        Last edited by beecee; 17-07-2014, 07:11.

Comment

Are you logged in at work and at home? In theory if you mark as read at work, then when you get home it should only show you new posts since that point because it stores in the database now. Is that what is happening? (just wanted to check it's working as expected)

Comment

logged in both at work and at home, just close the browser (dont log out).

will check tonight when i get home, i'll mark forums read when i leave today, and check when i get home, see whats happening.

Comment

Thanks. Much appreciated

Comment

Working...
                              X