Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MK8 BDTTGP - Week 2

Week 2 of the BDTTGP is upon us!

This week's tracks are Mushroom Cup's...

EDIT: Week ended

Sweet Sweet Canyon

1. 1:57.467 - Stakers
    2. 1:57.970 - Lurch
    3. 2:00.098 - hudson
    4. 2:00.492 - Gradius
    5. 2:01.276 - Superman Falls
    6. 2:02.663 - Relic
    7. 2:02.707 - punio75
    8. 2:02.794 - stevie vip 99
    9. 2:05.539 - DavidH
    10. 2:06.473 - Brad
    11. 2:06.605 - KIT786
    12. 2:09.029 - kryss

Thwomp Ruins

1. 1:59.831 - Lurch
    2. 1:59.954 - Stakers
    3. 2:00.747 - Gradius
    4. 2:02.631 - Superman Falls
    5. 2:03.272 - stevie vip 99
    6. 2:03.881 - Relic
    7. 2:04.493 - hudson
    8. 2:04.535 - DavidH
    9. 2:04.917 - punio75
    10. 2:05.699 -KIT786
    11. 2:06.799 - kryss

-----------------------------------

Post your times for week 2 in this thread. Feel free to post multiple times during the week to let everyone know and discuss how you're are getting on, but be sure to highlight to me which is your final time so I don't miss it.

- All final times must be posted with photo proof. Using your phone or upload screenshot using the Wii U.

- Week 2 ends midnight Sunday 29th June.

1st 25 points
    2nd 20 points
    3rd 16 points
    4th 13 points
    5th 11 points
    6th 10 points
    7th 9 points
    8th 8 points
    9th 7 points
    10th 6 points
    11th 5 points
    12th 4 points
    13th 3 points
    14th 2 points
    15th 1 point

Good luck out there.
    Last edited by hudson; 30-06-2014, 19:46.

Last edited by Brad; 23-06-2014, 07:39.

Comment

2m11s on Sweet sweet. Spent a half hour failing to beat that time earlier,

Comment

How do you get the actual jpeg to embed from tumblr? I can't find an image only link.

Comment

Nice time on Sweet Sweet Canyon Brad.

My initial attempts on these last night

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
            How do you get the actual jpeg to embed from tumblr? I can't find an image only link.
            I right click on the image, "get image URL" then post here in the [img] tags. Easiest way possible I believe?

Comment

Thanks bud. Bit convoluted but no moreso than ps4!

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                I use google chrome, right click and select Copy image and then paste here.

Comment

I'm quite happy with Sweet Sweet Canyon time but haven't got a clue what the best route for Thwomp Ruins is, especially as the level changes each lap, happy to discuss strats.

Comment

Here's my first attempts. yeah thwomp's a bit tricky, i've been taking that shortcut at the start with a mushroom then taking the left hand route when it splits, going up on the wall for the boosts then through the middle on the last lap as it seems to only open up then. no idea if thats the best way... and i'm just going straight down the middle on the home stretch, ignoring the ramps on the left and right

Comment

I've been using the mushroom at the start but not going up the ramp. It's tricky to not lose a load of speed on the grass though. I've had better runs but that time is the only one where I've hit each mushroom shortcut ok each lap.
                      Been avoiding the ramps on the end too, I always end up in the grass at the side of the track. I imagine i'll have to start using them by the end of the week!

I haven't been using the wall boosts, will give it a go. Cheers
                      Last edited by Stakers; 23-06-2014, 18:06.

Comment

Originally posted by Stakers View Post
                        I'm quite happy with Sweet Sweet Canyon time but haven't got a clue what the best route for Thwomp Ruins is, especially as the level changes each lap, happy to discuss strats.
                        Phew, that was tough man, good times!

Comment

I gave Sweet Sweet a quick go, seems like I have the right route but not yet tight enough on corners or getting all the coins. Thwomp I haven't touched yet, will take some proper time that one. After I got my time though I checked here and had a seizure on seeing 1.47 for Lurch Good job I saw the photo, I'm way off as it is!

Comment

Good job I'm no longer a mod. I'd just ban lurch for the duration

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                              I gave Sweet Sweet a quick go, seems like I have the right route but not yet tight enough on corners or getting all the coins. Thwomp I haven't touched yet, will take some proper time that one. After I got my time though I checked here and had a seizure on seeing 1.47 for Lurch Good job I saw the photo, I'm way off as it is!
                              1:57 man, not that good… YET!

Comment

Working...
                              X