MK8 BDTTGP - Week 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MK8 BDTTGP - Week 3

Week 3 of the BDTTGP has popped up like a curious meerkat!

This week's tracks are Flower Cup's...

EDIT: Week ended

Mario Circuit

1. 1:52.946 - Lurch
    2. 1:53.245 - Stakers
    3. 1:55.592 - Superman Falls
    4. 1:56.779 - Relic
    5. 1:56.937 - Gradius
    6. 1:58.701 - stevie vip 99
    7. 1:58.998 - hudson
    8. 2:01.131 - punio75
    9. 2:01.630 - DavidH
    10. 2:06.316 - KIT786
    11. 2:07.934 - kryss

Toad Harbour

1. 2:12.727 - Lurch
    2. 2:13.619 - Stakers
    3. 2:14.989 - Reilc
    4. 2:15.188 - Gradius
    5. 2:16.622 - Superman Falls
    6. 2:20.682 - punio75
    7. 2:21.735 - DavidH
    8. 2:22.156 - stevie vip 99
    9. 2:27.391 - KIT786
    10. 2:27.849 - kryss
    11. 2:29.706 - hudson

-----------------------------------

Post your times for week 3 in this thread. Feel free to post multiple times during the week to let everyone know and discuss how you're are getting on, but be sure to highlight to me which is your final time so I don't miss it.

- All final times must be posted with photo proof. Using your phone or upload screenshot using the Wii U.

- Week 3 ends midnight Sunday 6th July.

1st 25 points
    2nd 20 points
    3rd 16 points
    4th 13 points
    5th 11 points
    6th 10 points
    7th 9 points
    8th 8 points
    9th 7 points
    10th 6 points
    11th 5 points
    12th 4 points
    13th 3 points
    14th 2 points
    15th 1 point

Good luck out there!
    Last edited by hudson; 08-07-2014, 11:43.

After a week of playing Sweet Sweet and Ruins I almost learnt to hate them. I'm already at that point with Toad Harbour Such a peaceful little seaside town, but such evil lies underneath. So, much room for error and improvement. Dawn you Toad! Daaaamn Yoouuu!

Comment

I do believe that the happy looking harbor where Toad lives is a cluster fudge of pain. Especially that upper level bit, the turn onto where the trams go lol.

Comment

Initial times from me to get things started, hardly World Records, hence no screenshots at the minute, but were done with Bowser/Circuit Special Kart/Cyber slicks and of course ghosts are uploaded.

Mario Circuit 2'01"630
        Toad Harbour 2'21"735

Comment

I hate Turd Harbor

Comment

I'm finding it proper hard work. I know tons of areas I can improve on but at times it feels like an achievement just to finsh 3 laps unscathed. Mario Circuit is much simpler but I've already hit a brick wall on my time for that. I don't see a standings podium finish in my future lol

Comment

Well here are my times:

As usual, it's not going to get any better. Out of interest, am I the only one playing an NTSC version? Seeing the ghost times online I know it's not got anything to do with anything, I'm just curious.

Comment

I'm on UK, I find with Toad Harbour that the first lap is the worst. The trams etc are so much more in the way on that first loop.

Comment

Where are your entries chaps, only me and kryss on board so far.

Comment

Haven't really been in the mood for it this week, will do at some point though...

Comment

I will be putting some times up this evening. I'm sensing people's interest in this dwindling. Not mine though. I will carry on by myself if it came to that lol.

Comment

I've got some rather poor times to put up. Last week was a lesson for me as spamming retries killed the fun a bit. I'm nowhere near good enough so just gonna knock out a few laps in thr morning before work and see where the times fall as frustration so easily builds

Comment

I'm not saving times up or giving up. Just had a full on work week and not turned any consoles on at all. Hopefully get some time to compete this week. Might not be my best attempts though.

Comment

Here's my first crack at these.
                            Used the first 2 mushrooms to avoid the piranha plants on lap 1 and wasted the 3rd before the finish line? Any good ideas on mushroom usage?

This track is harsh! The Wii wheel is not doing it for me on the jump before to the top section. I bashed the walls on 2/3 laps. Mushroom through the grass at the end seems good though.

Toad Harbour

Comment

Well here are this weeks efforts. I don't think my thumb can take much more, its never been the same since F1 on the ps1.

Mario Circuit

Toad Harbour

The highest times on the leaderboards are incredible, not sure where I could knock 13 seconds+ time off Toad Harbour to compete.

This is certainly making me a better racer though so thanks for organising this Hudson and taking the time to keep it up to date etc.
                              Last edited by Relic; 06-07-2014, 22:39. Reason: Updated Mario Circuit time by massive 0.05seconds

Comment

Working...
                              X