No announcement yet.

Tekken 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tekken 7 director Katsuhiro Harada has revealed that latest addition to the upcoming fighter with Shaheen, a Saudi Arab…

New character Shaheen revealed

Comment

reminds me of siba

Comment

Originally posted by eastyy View Post
        reminds me of siba
        Yes I think they removed Siba from VF1 as they were worried about upsetting people at the time for some reason. If Tekken puts this character in maybe they could reintroduce Siba in VF although he never actually looked like a good design.

Comment

Originally posted by Shoju View Post
          Yes I think they removed Siba from VF1 as they were worried about upsetting people at the time for some reason. If Tekken puts this character in maybe they could reintroduce Siba in VF although he never actually looked like a good design.
          I heard that was a myth, and that he was removed due to having a weapon (early in VF's development they were undecided about whether fighters would have them).

Comment

Could be as he doesn't really fit with the rest of the cast and it's out of character for VF since they were going for a more realistic style. Apparently Akira got in as his replacement who's a far more generic karate man design most likely influenced by SF's Ryu although his actual fighting style was something really different featuring a little known form of Kung Fu that impressed Yu Suzuki on one of his trips to China.

Comment

This new character is a joke but then so are the rest of the new ones. I heard Tekken is popular in the middle east so I guess he'll be a hit for some. Will be interesting what his style will look like, wonder if he has a storyline that goes against the Krav Marga character?

Comment

Originally posted by bash View Post
                This new character is a joke
                Can you explain why you think that?

I see nothing about him that makes him a joke.

Comment

Come on dude, its just as bad as the rest of last 3 or so tekken games.

"Ok, so we need an Arab dude"

"Make sure you make him look Arab . . . "

"How do we do that?"

"You gotta stick a shemagh on him, all Arab dudes wear shemaghs you know"

"Dammit, you're right! Also he's a soldier so he should be armed with a . . . . "

"Hand Gun? Machine gun? Bazooka?"

"No, no, nothing like that. He Saudi Arabian FFS! He's gotta have a Scimitar dumbass!"

Dude come on, this is almost as bad as Katarina Alves who comes from Latin America and is described as being "sassy mouthed and vocal"

Another Namco Fail

Comment

I think their character designs have dropped off since T5DR. In T5 and DR they introduced Raven, Feng, Dragunov and Lili. Since then the only good design they've come up with imo is Zafina. Not too keen on any of the new characters for T7 but you have to remember the massive customization options. You can really transform every characters look.

Comment

I think Zafina is rubbish but I always enjoy trying the new characters out.

Comment

The designs have been shocking since 4 imo when they tried to make the main characters all fashion conscious instead of sticking to their actual martial arts training backgrounds.

This latest batch look appalling. Reminds me of DoA - terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
                          The designs have been shocking since 4 imo when they tried to make the main characters all fashion conscious instead of sticking to their actual martial arts training backgrounds.
                          Agreed. The characters seem to all be wearing motorcycle leathers with bits of metal clamped on.

Originally posted by Shoju View Post
                          "You gotta stick a shemagh on him, all Arab dudes wear shemaghs you know"
                          He's meant to be a stereotype, with a different look to other characters. Not every Japanese guy wears a Karate suit or is a Sumo Wrestler, but that never stopped Street Fighter using those two looks as emblematic of Japan. Ditto for the Mexican character being a Luchadore; you may as well level the criticism "all Mexicans are luchadores, right?"

If you want to have a wider discussion about whether fighting games hinge too heavily on national stereotypes, that's a different conversation, and I'll accept that it can go a bit far. Still, I don't feel this guy in Tekken is a departure from form.
                          Last edited by Asura; 05-01-2015, 09:07.

Comment

At least the SF stereotypes are based on actual fighting style references. This guy is in no way comparable to Roger or Jack in that they showed some flair at least.

Edit: And you dropped the Roger and Jack point from your post leaving my reply hanging. It made sense in the original context, honest.
                            Last edited by Dogg Thang; 05-01-2015, 09:08.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                              At least the SF stereotypes are based on actual fighting style references. This guy is in no way comparable to Roger or Jack in that they showed some flair at least.

Edit: And you dropped the Roger and Jack point from your post leaving my reply hanging. It made sense in the original context, honest.
                              Yeah, sorry. I didn't want to end the post on "but Tekken has a Kangaroo" as it's a bit of a cop-out.

Comment

Originally posted by tomato View Post
                                I think Zafina is rubbish but I always enjoy trying the new characters out.
                                I like the design but not her fighting style which seems very awkward and slow. It is different though.

Don't know why my name came up in that quote Asura? Wasn't that by Bash?

Comment

Working...
                                X