Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
    Final Battle... phf
    Nice trailer if I little brief. I was thinking the same surely not the last Tekken!

Comment

Wonder if the character roster will be more than 20 or more than 30 :S

Comment

Originally posted by Profit View Post
        Wonder if the character roster will be more than 20 or more than 30 :S
        Part of me wants it to 12 tops.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
          Part of me wants it to 12 tops.
          This. Less is more...

Comment

That just isn't going to happen, what you guys want is a new fighter not Tekken which is know for its ridiculously large rosters. 59 whittled down to 12 is just not gonna happen.

There was enough of a backlash when they went from 39 in tag to 23 in Tekken 4.

Comment

For me the best Tekken is still the System 12 version of TTT. The gameplay is perfect and it wasn't as complex as Tekken 6 onwards yet. I sometimes fire it up in Mameplus. Fighting games tend to get way too many mechanics and I can't really be bothered with all of that anymore.

This is why VF5 Final Showdown is so good. Its actually stripped off difficult reversals and certain inputs. VF5 FS is in reality a rather easy fighter to get into but still incredibly deep for those willing to invest. Soul Calibur V ditched MANY useless moves and its very playable, its just held back by a low budget and a short deadline which meant the game felt unfinished in terms of content and roster. But the base gameplay was fantastic.

Big rosters are off putting for me as well. 30 max is good.

Comment

Originally posted by Panta Rhei View Post
                Soul Calibur V ditched MANY useless moves and its very playable, its just held back by a low budget and a short deadline which meant the game felt unfinished in terms of content and roster. But the base gameplay was fantastic.
                I can't forgive them for what they did to the guard parry/guard impact system. Of all the things you shouldn't change in Soul Calibur, the parries, 8-way run and horiz/vertical slash controls are the three I would choose.

Comment

Originally posted by shaffy_oppa View Post
                  That just isn't going to happen, what you guys want is a new fighter
                  And yes, I do want that. A new fighter, one with no numbers on the end.

Not a doujin 2D fighter, or anything like that.

A full-on, triple-A, Tekken/Virtua Fighter/Soul Calibur/Street Fighter rival. Even an attempt at one would be nice. Remember back on the PS1, all those fighters we used to get? Kensei, Shaolin, Toshinden, stuff like Mace The Dark Age and Fighters Destiny on N64? Bloody Roar! Yeah, many of them were ****, but the point is people had a go. We played them to find out if they were any good.

Comment

I would love a completely new fighter too.

I'm not fan of the 2D stuff either so something original, not based or anything and completely 3D.

Comment

Fighting game devs have been a victim of their own success, especially with custom fighter creators and swappable costumes/DLC, which has limited the potential for sequel and the market for a new entries.

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
                        Tekken 2 was the peak. Then Hwoarang and Eddy came to spoil the party.
                        Yep, v2 and 3 were the best for me. Jun in v2 was great.

Personally the problem with Tekken now is too many characters!

Comment

Tobal. Now that was a great fighter. Superb limb contact and grappling system. Very fluid gameplay too.

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
                            Tobal. Now that was a great fighter. Superb limb contact and grappling system. Very fluid gameplay too.
                            This is the kind of thing I mean.

Comment

Tobal 2 was amazing - lovely Hi-res graphics, stonking ost and good (albeit) confusing controls/combo system.

On the tekken subject, TTT was the best, loved 1, 2, 3 and 4 as well; nostalgia wise, no 2 is right on the money. Too many kiddie emo salon haircuts now, in the later games (but i did enjoy tekken 5 dr online)

Comment

Actually for the character design, the thing that gets to me is the "motorcycle armour with metal bits strapped on". It might just be me, but when I imagine the Tekken characters, so many of them look the same in terms of their clothing.

I think that's the problem with the characters nearly always having many outfits; they lack Street Fighter's iconic character appearances. Even Virtua Fighter has a "primary" appearance for each character that doesn't really change.

A few Tekken characters, like Paul Phoenix, have this. Some like Jin change clothes each game.

Comment

Working...
                                X