No announcement yet.

The Last of US Remastered PS4 review [no spoilers]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't die once throughout those sections. It was very easy if you are patient and refrain from shooting.

Comment

There was no shooting involved, as it's insta death firing a gun in a room full of enemies.

Comment

One thing that is quite fascinating is that despite it being an incredible looking game, the next gen has already introduced is to all kinds of other effects that this doesn't pull off. The initial segments of the game, in full daylight seem very flat by comparison to other stuff.

The should keep the game set in the golden hour or at night, that's when it looks the prettiest.

Framerate has been rock solid and the 1080p really does look silky smooth, especially with FXAA/SMAA or whatever it is it uses, I'm a fan of the smoothness that produces

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
          Yeah she is with me, I have played 3 hours of this and have died 25 times already. Most of those was during the tutorial for runners and clickers together. I almost turned it off.
          What difficulty are you playing this on? 25 times seems way too many for a first try unless you are doing it on grounded

Comment

Just on the normal setting, I was sitting and texting a friend who was tearing his hair out too at the same part. You instantly fail if you get caught by the enemies, there is no get out once you've been spotted.

I've not had the same problems since, it was literally that first room.

Comment

It still isn't hard though. There are a couple of tough sections but certainly not there.

Comment

I never said it was hard, I said it was frustrating.
                Also, it's on PS4.

Anyway, anybody taken any nice photos? this is a thread for the PS4 version of the game...
                Last edited by EvilBoris; 02-08-2014, 17:21.

Comment

I kinda had the same issue. I played on hard on my first try and I would die like 10 times at each encounter but it was mainly because I wanted to do them perfectly... I think that's why I got bored of the game. I was also hunting for collectibles :/

Comment

The PS4 version is identical bar visuals.

Shaffy, playing on hard first time through would have been really hard. Deco would go with normal.
                    Last edited by nakamura; 02-08-2014, 18:00.

Comment

I played through on hard first time and didn't die enough to experience frustration levels. I died the most on the bit where

It is winter and you have to survive an onslaught of zombies/clickers coming from every angle. Not the first hut but the upstairs room with a corridor

IMO all zombie games should be played on hard. Hard required me to use everything I could find. If I played on normal I would have no doubt ended up with lots of spare ammo and accessories. Plus it would have been no where near as intense.

Comment

What I love about this game as it allows for different approaches. Three of us played it through and all ended up with hugely different stats. I killed very few enemies with guns compared to Strider on here.

Comment

I played to the end on ps3 last year, but getting older helps, I cant remember half of this, but I'm still pleased I double dipped, it's the most amazing game, the visual difference is massive when you put the 2 side by side, and I'm playing in upscaled 4k and it's the most superb looking game so far

Stunning

Comment

Hard mode wasn't too bad if I was willing to use my resources but I have item management issues. I was willing to use nothing! I remember I finished RE4 on the normal and professional difficulty with my attache only having the space for a hand gun and it's bullets. The rest was all healing items. I'm pretty sure the normal play through it was all sprays and I did similar in Last of Us. If I recall there was an abundance of items in LOU, I just wasn't willing to use anything.

I make these odd rules and it ruins the game for me hence the boredom and frustration. This time I'll go in with the goal of just watching the story unfold.

Comment

If you think it's hard now, just wait till you get to the last section of the game. Even on normal mode it took me about a zillion tries and I really had to plan it all out. (Hospital/Sewer section)

My advice, keep it on normal mode. I hated the clickers, insta death seemed really unfair and cheap to me imho.

Comment

Love playing through this again, but the framerate is not 60fps outside.

Comment

Working...
                                X