This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The BordersDown meetings thread - London April 18! Details in 1st post

It's not an actual restaurant (though there are those too...) but Westfield might be an option for the food court - there's about 10 different places to get food covering a bunch of food types (Indian, British, Chinese, Vietnamese, Japanese, Lebanese, Spanish, just off the top of my head) and then a big shared seating area for them all. Plus points being it's cheap, easy, quick, people aren't tied into any one type of food if they don't like x or y, you order and pay for your own stuff up front (avoiding any of the inevitable nightmare that come with bill-splitting), and its proximity to HoG.

If we're all still talking to each other by evening, I'd imagine most people will need to be heading back via central London, so perhaps a bigger chow-down comes then?

Comment

Just a heads up - there's no Central line service between Queensway and North Acton this weekend. I believe North Acton is the closest tube station so this will affect quite a few of you, especially if coming in from Central London.

I'll try and pop round as I only live 5 mins' drive away, otherwise have fun gents.

Comment

Hmm.

Comment

Ah nads, hadn't even looked - cheers for the heads up - and it'd be great to see if you can make it! In terms of this spanner in the works, y'all are gonna be on the tube anyhow, just looks like you're going a slightly different route. Might be that coming to my neighbourhood (Ealing Broadway) and then taking the part of the Central Line that is working might be on the best? Not sure I'd recommend rail replacement buses from Queensway, anyhow.

Comment

Originally posted by chopemon View Post
            My suggestion is a Japanese place called Misato just off Leicester square.

Cheap food and lots of it with decent variety. The restaurant is a little run down and it isn't the finest food but I always go there because it is well priced (?8 for a great bento box rather than ?16 elsewhere) and the food is always good.

They don't take bookings so we need to queue up but that should be fine at about 12.

You seriously eat there?

Misato Restaurant of LONDON, was given a Food Hygiene Rating of 2 (Improvement Necessary) by City of Westminster on 6th February 2023

Comment

Adds flavour mate. Misato is decent, prefer Taro on Brewer St though.

Comment

I'm not very foody, so I'll probably skip lunch and maybe make my way to HoG later if the tube works haven't overly complicated things.

Comment

Originally posted by ETC View Post
                  Eaten there loads. Never been ill, food is always fantastic. The restaurant is pretty tired looking and dirty in spots but the food is always great.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                    If we're all still talking to each other by evening, I'd imagine most people will need to be heading back via central London, so perhaps a bigger chow-down comes then?
                    Fuse's plan sound the best to me, we can rendezvous in front of HoG at 12am and then head to the food court if we want or stay there. For those in central London, I guess the best tube stop is West Acton or Park Royal, I'm probably getting a train in Paddington and get out at Acton Main.

Comment

My advice would be to get to Park Royal via the Piccadilly line, then either walk 20 minutes (though it'll be along the A40 so not particularly pleasant), or jump on the 95 or 487 bus.

Comment

A shame I haven't been around for a while, would've loved to have come to this. Enjoy!

Comment

I think Westfield is a good shout tbh...?

Comment

If anyone's planning to stay into the evening, be aware that Park Royal isn't the safest place to be. Quite deserted around there on a weekend too.

Comment

So err... We any closer to working out what's what?

12:00 Westfield followed by HoG I say...?

Comment

Nakamura, Chopemon and I are meeting at Waterloo at around 11.40 and heading to HoG from there.

Maybe we'll grab food on the way to save on the messing about. If we're having a meal later we can have a beer and a good chinwag then.

Comment

Working...
                                X