Terminator III: Dark Fate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
    Now it seems that Skynet and the Humans had a conveyor belt on each side of the time machine feeding humans and machines in.
    Yep. And on the human side, no end of T-800s with the exact same face which defeats the purpose of a Terminator model.

Comment

2/5...3/5...those beige scores...

I'm now as stoked for this as I am a foaming broth made from Bernard Cribbins' incontinence pads.

I'd have been more stoked if it was a 1/5. It would've piqued my curiosity. At least it would have something polarising about it rather than it rehash stuff AGAIN. It's the SAME plot. Always.

Always beige.

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
      I remember Skynet sent the Terminator, then the T-1000, then the resistance sent John Connor, but when did they send the T-X, the T-3000, the Genysis T-1000, Pops and the Rev-9?

Who's naming these things? Is it the supercomputer Skynet, or the humans, because the names are pretty rubbish.
      Whenever I heard Arnie referred to as "Pops" in Genitalcyst, it felt like they were pissing on his grave.

Comment

How do we get out of this? There's no time.

We do. After we get away from this guy...
        ...we time-travel back and set up the things we need to get him now.

Yeah, like what?

Like a sandbag.

Excellent!

Then we'll get a cage.

My friends. I too can play the time game.
        If you do that, once I have vanquished you...
        ...I'll go back and set up this key.

And another gun.

Right. Only there's one thing
        you didn't think of.
        Only the winners can go back
        and set things up.
        And that's gonna be us.
        We set up the key,
        and we set up the gun.

Excuse me.
        Your shoelaces are untied.
        Melvined.

Comment

It's like Road Runner but with less menace.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
            How do we get out of this? There's no time.

We do. After we get away from this guy...
            ...we time-travel back and set up the things we need to get him now.

Yeah, like what?

Like a sandbag.

Excellent!

Then we'll get a cage.

My friends. I too can play the time game.
            If you do that, once I have vanquished you...
            ...I'll go back and set up this key.

And another gun.

Right. Only there's one thing
            you didn't think of.
            Only the winners can go back
            and set things up.
            And that's gonna be us.
            We set up the key,
            and we set up the gun.

Excuse me.
            Your shoelaces are untied.
            Melvined.
            Ok, who left the lid off the shoe polish again???

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
              Ok, who left the lid off the shoe polish again???
              It's from a 1991 film, which is a little too recent for your liking, Fred Dibnah.

Comment

Wouldn't be watched in my parlour. And no blaspheming of Fred Dibnah.

Comment

You don't watch those new-fangled "talkies", do you?

Comment

I didn't want this to end was thourally enjoying, though they really couldn't help themselves by putting a load of unnecessary bullcrap nostalgia call back in. Some uneven dialog too, as actually had a few decent chuckles....and some stuff that falls flat as a pancake.

Some good stuff and plenty of bad stuff. Decent.
                    Last edited by Baseley09; 25-10-2019, 22:49.

Comment

Saw it on Wednesday night and agree with most of what you've posted above. The action was very well done but its to be expected of the guy who directed the first Deadpool film.

The story won't set anyone's world on fire but I think they did a decent job of moving things forward after the end of Terminator 2. Its going to feel like somewhat of a rerun for series fans but I think they changed a few things up enough to make it feel like its own thing.

The reason I think its had middling reviews from the press is its their job to watch films/shows and unless something is highly original they'll always go straight down or near the middle with a film like this.

I enjoyed my time in the cinema with it. Check it out and decide for yourselves.
                      Last edited by Paddy; 27-10-2019, 15:02.

Comment

Tbh, despite my excessive cynicism within this thread, it's at least had consistently decent reviews that seem to indicate it's a watchable film that's quite enjoyable to see at the cinema.

But maybe a Diet Coke version of T2.

That's the vibe I'm getting.

Comment

I'm not seeking that but if you wanna have sex with that, you can.

Comment

Watched this yesterday and it was... decent. Probably the best post-T2 film but mostly in a technical way. I'm not sure there's really anything in the film that hasn't been covered already by one of the other three entries which is largely the issue any new film faces. There are clear lifts from T3 and Genesys but the tone of the film probably makes the biggest difference. Presumably a sequel would branch things out, not sure how but it'd be nice to see one of these 'trilogy' attempts get past the first hurdle.

Comment

I watched it last night as well. It's a retread and nothing more. Better than any film post T2 but a pale imitation of T2 itself. The ending in particular was just lame. The series needs an RE7 style re-imagining or at least something more in the style of the first film.

Comment

Don’t expect the makers of “Terminator: Dark Fate” to rush forward with a follow-up as rival studios estimate the film could lose around $100 million theatrically by the time it finishes its run. The new feature debuted with a dismal $29 million in North America and $102 million overseas from 80% of global markets. Considering […]

Some figures that suggest this is set to lose the studio $100m however it does raise the question of just why it was made for the costs involved?

If it's true that the film would require $450m worldwide just to break even then how would it have been greenlit? This is the sixth entry in a long franchise, the third attempt at launching a trilogy and arriving only a couple of years after the previous film. Out of six films only one has earned more than $450m and that was Terminator 2 in the early 90's.

Terminator 3 cost $200m and made $433m
                                Terminator Salvation cost $200m and made $371m
                                for all the digs it gets
                                Terminator Genesys cost $155m and made $440m

So who would look at that and increase the budget again and expect to make a profit with a $450m minimum earnings required?

See, I could actually see a Terminator 7 still working but the issue is definitely budget. If Warners can make Shazam for $100m then Terminator needs to be reigned in hard, there's not really a need for the costs to be so high. If they made another as well I'd keep it a direct sequel to Dark Fate. The constant resetting just erodes audience investment, there needs to be some sense of the story moving forward. Effectively the next one could be something that properly services Dark Fate's ending but without Arnie etc who could then return in Terminator 8 which is supposed to act as THE END. I struggle to think of much in Dark Fate that really needs such a high budget and I think having Cameron write a sequel that was tighter, moved the story forward and smaller in scale could be cool as it'd be much easier to make a financial success but also potentially evoke T1 more as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X