No announcement yet.

Terminator III: Dark Fate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Like those posters, some great art going on there.

Comment

Some of them look pretty decent and channel the older films well. Others are too colourful and I'm not really getting them in light of the franchise they're a part of.

So despite the slightly debatable CG for the newTerminator on the highway from the first trailer this could shape up to be a decent addition to the series (if only that we get some decent action and the return of Hamilton and Schwarzenegger are handled carefully).

Comment

Early reviews are emerging it seems and word seems to be that if the viewer can put T2-tier out of their head then this is actually... good?

Comment

Fans surprised after ‘Terminator 2: Judgment Day’ screenings turned out to be secret premieres of ‘Terminator: Dark Fate’

Linda Hamilton: ‘Everyone’s terrified of James Cameron. I’m not’

I was listening to the Film Stories podcast about Genysis on the way into work and it was really interesting the hoops they had to jump through to make it:
          In the latest episode of Film Stories with Simon Brew, one big sequel with problems, and a drama that had to wait for its release. Terminator Genisys (2015) was set to kickstart a new trilogy of Terminator films. But then so was Terminator Salvation (2009) before rights issues hit. 2002’s In America boasts four lead characters, three of which are based ... Podcast: Terminator Genisys (2015) and In America (2012)

Comment

Booked in for Friday pumped about the good reviews, if it's at least entertaining I'll be satisfied.

Comment

Ahead of “Terminator: Dark Fate” opening next week, the film’s producer James Cameron has given some interviews about both the new film and the potential future beyond this point of the franchise he helped birth. Cameron, who is currently in New Zealand filming the “Avatar” sequels, spoke with Collider and was asked what themes and/or […]

Oh no, Dark Fate is surely going to bomb now because Cameron has completed the Terminator curse of talking about new trilogy plans before the receipts are in for the first one. He confirms this is standalone but features a plot strand that would feed T4 and T5.

Comment

In that Film Stories podcast they reference Cameron's review of Genysis and how he was really enthusiastic, but then the general public's opinion didn't match his and he's kinda lost his credibility as a film critic!

Comment

That’s probably a little unfair though because there are times people just can’t say what they really feel. Dumping on Genysis probably wouldn’t have done him any favours if he had interest in being involved in the franchise again.

Comment

Linda Hamilton scares me more than the Terminator now

Comment

I think the issue was, he was making out that he was coming at it from the angle that he wasn't involved and then said it's the third Terminator film:

Googling for that quote came up with some scathing reviews of Dark Fate...

Terminator: Dark Fate review – Arnie's back, and it's never going to stop
                      2/5
                      The Guardian
                      1 day ago

Terminator Dark Fate review: Please terminate this franchise
                      3/5
                      BBC.com
                      1 day ago

Dark Fate can’t outrun the Terminator franchise’s past
                      5/7
                      A.V.Club: Film
                      1 day ago

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                        he was making out that he was coming at it from the angle that he wasn't involved
                        But was he? I'm not seeing that in the article but, admittedly, I read through it pretty quickly. It was well documented that he was a consultant on the movie so he was involved and was highly unlikely to say it was rubbish.

Comment

The weak reviews don't bother me too much. T3 and Genesys were risable fun at worst and most of the complaints I've read about Dark Fate seem to rely far more on the reviewers fatigue with the series rather than the film itself. DF's definitely at a disadvantage that most ideas have already been burnt off by T3-T5 but if it's just a solid extension (which it seems to be) then I'm fine with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                            But was he? I'm not seeing that in the article but, admittedly, I read through it pretty quickly. It was well documented that he was a consultant on the movie so he was involved and was highly unlikely to say it was rubbish.
                            I'm more disappointed you missed the A.V. Club score.

Comment

Terminator: Dark Fate may offer some course correction for the Terminator series, but this is a franchise that keeps coming up against one fundamental problem. This article is not a spoiler-y one for Terminator: Dark Fate.  Playing in UK cinemas now, ahead of its release in the US next month, is the sixth film in ... The growing problem with the Terminator franchise

Interesting article echoing our thoughts that the Terminator story is finished, until the next time they want some more cash.

I remember Skynet sent the Terminator, then the T-1000, then the resistance sent John Connor, but when did they send the T-X, the T-3000, the Genysis T-1000, Pops and the Rev-9?

Who's naming these things? Is it the supercomputer Skynet, or the humans, because the names are pretty rubbish.

Comment

They way i always thought of it was that skynet lost and in a last ditch effort they sent a terminator back in time, the humans quickly followed it with Kyle. It seems they also discovered Skynet sent back a T-1000 so they reprogrammed a T-800 and sent it back too.
                                Now it seems that Skynet and the Humans had a conveyor belt on each side of the time machine feeding humans and machines in.

Comment

Working...
                                X