Dredd: Mega City One

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dredd: Mega City One

In spite of its $35 million worldwide haul, fans are still keen on seeing a sequel to 2012’s “Dredd,” the Karl Urban-led film adaptation of the “Judge Dredd” comics. Urban himself has said on a number of occasions it could happen some day, others involved have been as hopeful but more realistic about the likelihood […]

Karl Urban has said that if a sequel moves ahead to Dredd it's becoming more and more likely that it will instead be a prequel that charts the origins of the character as he travels through the Cursed Earth in search of the first Chief Judge.
    Last edited by Neon Ignition; 08-03-2018, 07:36.

Throughout Dredd, I was thinking "Oh, I wish this was a origin story".

Now all my wildest dreams are coming into fruition!
    Well, it's better than nothing, I guess.

Comment

This is just an excuse to have him not wearing the helmet, WE DONT NEED AN ORIGIN MUTHA FUKKAS!

Comment

I thought the chance of a sequel was practically zero?

Comment

Origin story....zzzz.

Dredd was great because it didn't get bogged down. It was a thrill ride. Meh.

Comment

I'm wondering if this has been misinterpreted to some extent. Or did I miss where Urban himself said it might be a prequel? In context, the origins story doesn't appear to refer to being a prequel as far as I can see or even charting an origins story in the way a superhero first movie does an origins story. Dredd is Dredd but the plot elements he appears to be referencing are more about discoveries about the origin of the Judges through a story and, in turn, finding out stuff about Dredd himself. This happened in several stories in the comics, none of which were prequels if I remember correctly (albeit with a bunch of flashbacks as revelations were discovered).

Edit: Actually looking up the story called Origins which Urban seems to be referring to and, to be honest, I don't really remember it at all. I remember bits but I might have got those from other Dredd stories around this one.
            Last edited by Dogg Thang; 09-09-2014, 11:37.

Comment

Could be, in the magical place of my mind the idea of a sequel which sees Dredd sent out post-Mama to find the first Judge and in doing so discovering his origins is more interesting than a vanilla prequel. Plus he can keep his helmet on

Comment

So the allure of dredd is him squashing drug kingpins and crime in the future and being a brutal law enforcement juggernaut.

Here we will see dredd in a desert looking for some dude?

Entire concept of what it's about seems to have been missed here.

Comment

A pretty significant chunk of Dredd has been him in the desert looking for some dude/perp/dune shark/giant spider... One of my favourites was the 'dead man' prologue to necropolis. If anybody is missing the concept I don't think it's them...

Comment

Yep, some of the Cursed Earth stories have been excellent. Although a huge part of me thinks a primary reason they've worked is that they prevent Mega-City One overkill and, after just one movie, I don't know if Dredd has yet earned a Cursed Earth trip. We've just seen one day on the job so far.

Comment

They should do it only if it ends in Judge Death appearing... Whatever the storyline

Comment

I want the Angel family there.

Comment

This thread gives me the excuse I've been looking for to post this pic - it was either this or the smiles thread..

My daughter showing an early appreciation for the classics (that is the original Cam Kennedy artwork, not a print)

Comment

Brilliant.

Comment

Still keen on the idea of a sequel to 2012’s “Dredd”? You may get it, but not in the way you expect. The Wrap reports that executive producer Adi Shankar has been at work on creating a top-secret “Dredd” spin-off online web series which is due to be released online for free later this month. […]

Later this month a free 7 part web series spin-off will release which focuses on the Dark Judges

Comment

Working...
                              X