3 of the worst films you've sat through

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Colin View Post
    Did you go in to that one having enjoyed the first????
    I had to do it. The lass I was going with had been to see dozens of my-choice flicks, and I permitted her one choice to balance it out. My God, did it ever balance it out. Agonisingly bad.

Firefist of Incredible Dragon wasn't much better like. Worst MA film ever.

Comment

I remember being in a similar situation once and she chose some chick flick that was all about half a dozen couples relationships, which was funny as it sounded the death of ours. Can't remember what it was called but it was utter ****e.

Comment

City of Angels

I get it. You had to kill one of the lovers to turn the drama up to eleven. But having Meg Ryan riding a bicycle with her eyes closed is lazy and mildly insulting.

Van Helsing

I've probably sat through worst, or at least equally bad films (The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen springs to mind...). This one, however, holds the dubious honour of being the only one I walked out of in the cinema. The comic relief character annoyed me. Kate Beckinsale wearing a corset over her blouse annoyed me. The crossbow that holds an infinite amount of bolts in its clip annoyed me. I got up and left.

Magnolia

This one managed to anger me. It's long and goes nowhere! I'll admit that the odds were stacked against it because I went to the cinema craving for a cigarette. By the time the interval arrived, I was close to violence.

Comment

1. The Expendables
          2. Revenge of the Sith
          3. The Expendables 3

I fell asleep during numbers two and three, or else I'd have walked out had I not been with 'friends'.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
            1. The Expendables
            2. Revenge of the Sith
            3. The Expendables 3
            What happened to The Expendables 2?!

You either loved it, skipped it or walked out on it!

Comment

Deja Vu: Nonsense. I stayed until the end because I was with a mate but I went toilet at a pivotal scene(find out who the killer is) because I cared so little.

Pirates of the Caribbean 3: Crapfest. And long. So damn long. I watched it with a group of friends but three of us nipped out for ice cream about an hour in and then mucked around for half an hour before returning.

Transformers 2 and 3: Not much to say, really. I really liked the first one, though. I'm combining 2 and 3 into one film to stick to the rules(something Bay didn't do)

Comment

That reminds me, Pirates of the Caribbean 4. Easily, easily the worst in that series.

Comment

Originally posted by Escape-To-88 View Post
                  Also, nice KP OP - one of the funniest and most self-aware U.S sitcoms in years.
                  Danny Mcbride FTW all day everyday

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
                  Little surprised Alpha Dog is in here though, I actually quite enjoyed that.

Neil
                  If this was war Neil you'd be facing a firing squad after making that comment.

Comment

Ban request for the Magnolia hater!

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                      I really fight not to walk out of a film, even if its awful. Best example of me doing that was Snow White and the Huntsman. They should lock up the writer and director
                      Watched that today. Says a lot that I didn't turn it off. But I liked AvP2!!

We'd tried to watch Never Been Kissed and got bored 10 minutes in.

Otherwise:
                      Tellavega Nights
                      Tellavega Nights
                      Tellavega Nights

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                        Ban request for the Magnolia hater!
                        I stand with him. Magnolia failed miserably to live up to its premise in my opinion. It opened with stories of life intersecting with each other to create far larger coincidences and unexpected results. And yet the film itself couldn't do that without writing one huge contrivance that defeated that whole concept (

frog rain

) making the film a tiny fraction of how smart it should have been. Some great performances but that failure to pull it together ruined the movie for me. I believe I may have rolled my eyes.

Comment

Batman & Robin
                          The Wicker Tree
                          The Expendables

I'm sure I've seen worse than The Expendables, but can't think of anything right now.

Comment

Man of Steel - there are worse movies, but none that I've watched to the end (was at the cinema with friends)
                            Prometheus - places just behind Man of Steel. Same reasons
                            Crystal Skull - in terms of disappointment, this ranks as no.1. Otherwise see above

Comment

Originally posted by H-Man View Post
                              Crystal Skull - in terms of disappointment, this ranks as no.1. Otherwise see above
                              Oh i forgot about that film the fact that the crystal skull looked like it was made of plastic the bit where there attacked by the people in the temple walls (did they live there waiting for intruders it makes no sense as suposedly no one had been there for fifty years???) The monkey swinging Shia LaBeouf that was being set up as a new Indie was a massive miss step, never has there been a bigger disappointment.

Comment

Don't forget the nuclear-bomb-proof-fridge and the CGI gophers. And the CGI man-eating ants or what ever.

Comment

Working...
                                X