Sound on my tv

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sound on my tv

Hi all. This is something that's bothered me for a while but I've done nothing to sort it.

Basically while watching blurays on my tv during action scenes it's really loud but during the talking it's very quiet so I spend my time turning the volume up and down.

What could I do to solve this?

Thanks

People talking does tend to be quieter than things exploding. Do you any loudness or vocal boosting options on the TV? With the rubbish sound on modern TVs a sound bar/base or some active speakers could be a good purchase.
    Is your Blu-Ray output set to stereo?

Comment

Also in the Blu Ray settings mess around with 'Dynamic Range Compression' which should boost the voice track. (I think)

Comment

Awesome thanks both The dynamic range compression seems to have sorted it but I quite like the idea of a sound bar

Comment

What size TV you got?

Comment

40 inch

Comment

Does the TV support HDMI ARC (audio return channel) or optical output for audio?

Comment

If you would like a minimalist speaker enhancement set up then the Cambridge Audio Minx TV is supposed to be very good. As CMcK suggests you will need to check the outputs on your TV.

TV sound bases are AV battle ground at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
                  People talking does tend to be quieter than things exploding.
                  Quality.

Comment

I still find it strange that people don't have external speakers these days.
                    The sound from modern flat screens is so bad I couldn't be without an AV setup.

I go round my parents & the telly is SO loud that a conversation is almost impossible because the quality is so bad yet they refuse to look even at a basic soundbar.

You could do a lot worse than these...

Soundbars

Or if you want the full monty then this would be pretty good (if fairly basic) for similar money...

Better options exist but you're looking at over ?300 for entry level set ups

Neil

Comment

I have a Sonos Playbar. It's expensive but you can stream music through it as well and it sounds superb. I'm frankly amazed by how low it goes.

Comment

Originally posted by Super Monkey Balls View Post
                        I have a Sonos Playbar. It's expensive but you can stream music through it as well and it sounds superb. I'm frankly amazed by how low it goes.
                        LIMBO!!!!! how low can you go

yeah soundbars are ace i have one with a septate sub that sits behind the tv, i had a really nice 5.1 set-up but got rid as i could never use it as it used to shake the floor and it would wake the kids up, my only issue is the soundbar blocks the IR sensor on the TV so i have to hold the remote up if i want to use it, its real pain in the arse, I wonder if there's some sort of foot riser i cound get to lift the tv up a bit, hmmm.

Comment

Originally posted by Super Monkey Balls View Post
                          I've had a tinker with those in store setups & they are pretty impressive.
                          Well worth considering if space is an issue

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
                          LIMBO!!!!! how low can you go

yeah soundbars are ace i have one with a septate sub that sits behind the tv, i had a really nice 5.1 set-up but got rid as i could never use it as it used to shake the floor and it would wake the kids up, my only issue is the soundbar blocks the IR sensor on the TV so i have to hold the remote up if i want to use it, its real pain in the arse
                          I would love to get my new 5.1 setup out the box but being in the flat at the mo means it's no go & I'm still using my old Yamaha setup which considering it's 9 years old this year is still surprisingly impressive.

Neil

Comment

I've still not seen Thor because of the loud/quiet issue.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
                              Does the TV support HDMI ARC (audio return channel) or optical output for audio?
                              i have no idea lol

just checked there is a red glowy port thing on the back so i guess it has optical out

Comment

Working...
                              X