No announcement yet.

PCs and Steam: Thread 01

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dell. Okay. Their Alienware pre-built gaming PCs are utter garbage and massively overpriced - just like these controllers will be

Comment

But it has RGB lighting so must be awesome! Seriously what is it with RGB lights on everything gaming PC related?

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
        I had a look at the game again last night and there is DLSS 2.0 support there, so it might be worth trying that to get to 4K. I mostly play the game in VR with a wheel (and you need a wheel with this game) and it's not a great performer in VR.

I'd forgotten how clunky this game is. The racing itself is decent, it's just everything else around it that makes it a nightmare.
        I second this. You seem to have to do everything in 2d on a monitor until the race starts and only then does it go into VR! Makes setting up a sim rig a challenge.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
          Cyberpunk2077 on the other hand, runs like a dog with RTX, although I've read the last update has caused issues.
          Probably depends on the engine and how well it's optimised by the development team.
          Something funny happening there. I get 70-90FPS with Psycho RTX @1440p with Balanced DLSS. 4K/60 with Performance DLSS. Over the years/updates I’ve not really seen any dips or spikes.

Comment

Yeah, should have absolutely no problems with a 3080 running Cyberpunk at Ultra RT with DLSS hitting a consistent 4K60.

Comment

I thought that seemed off too as my 3060 Ti is capable of running it at 1440p with light DLSS but scaled back RT reflections fairly well, 45 fps average I'd say.
              Last edited by speedlolita; 06-01-2023, 22:00.

Comment

I've not had chance to play around with it yet. Perhaps there's a CPU bottleneck or something. With everything dialed up to max it's about 45/50 but pretty unstable.
                I can get portal RTX running at a stable 1440/60 so I see no reason 2077 can't.

Comment

Figured it out. Vsync was set to 60. When I disabled it the framerates shot up.

Comment

With DLSS? If you don't have DLSS turned on you're not going to get to a stable 60 at 1440P - I can't with a R9 7950X and RTX 4080

Right is the preset which does have DLSS turned on, left is the same preset but with it turned off. With psycho RT, max drops to 45 FPS, at 4K that's in the 20s.

Comment

Yeah with DLSS. I see it, I switch it on.
                      The Vsync was killing the framerate for some reason. I don't see any screen tearing so I'll leave it off. Looks lovely. Much better than the ps5 version, which already looked good.

Comment

VSync shouldn't tank your framerate, unless it was doing something like syncing at 30 Hz - it just ensures the card is refreshed at the same rate as your screen, at the expense of some input lag. If your screen supports VRR, then tearing shouldn't be a problem without it enabled.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                          VSync shouldn't tank your framerate, unless it was doing something like syncing at 30 Hz - it just ensures the card is refreshed at the same rate as your screen, at the expense of some input lag. If your screen supports VRR, then tearing shouldn't be a problem without it enabled.
                          It's very weird. It's a good 10 fps less with it on.
                          How did you get DLSS on but quality off?

Comment

The default setting is DLSS auto, so quality is controlled in the game.

Comment

Wanna make your computer go fast, or have your processor blast harder?
                              ASRock have a Sonic-themed motherboard for you.

Comment

I've had Apsulov on my PlayStation watchlist and I saw its on sale. £9.99

I checked steam just to see what it is on there...£2. Two English pounds! I know which one I'll buy.

Comment

Working...
                                X