PCs and Steam: Thread 01

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
    Sony keeps using different assist studios with each title so it seems like a lucky dip of experience everytime
    Iron galaxy is a such a strange studio, looking at what they have done they very prolific with Seasons 2 and 3 of Killer instinct not to mention Rumble verse and a load of ports also acting as an assist studio. I always got the impression that if they have the time and budget they can do well but if not the ports sucks

Comment

Naughty Dog games are always hyper focused to the hardware their created for, there was always going to be teething issues with this one, ND engines just won’t slap and paste onto PC nicely. I’m sure it will be ironed out eventually though.

Comment

For those Vampire Survivors fans. A very decent clone set in space is available for £2.49 on Steam. Works great on Steam Deck too.
        Time Wasters

Comment

Asus reveal the ROG Ally, a competitor to the Steam Deck.
          The Ally features a 1920x1080 at 120hz, lower noise compared to the Deck, about 60g lighter, and will be powered by a Zen 4 CPU and a RDNA 3 GPU. So far only one SSD size has been announced, 512GB, and no word about RAM. Curiously enough, the battery will be compatible with the Deck, and it will only run Windows.
          No price given.

Comment

What do we think on price £599?

Comment

Sounds about right, and Asus don't want to go higher than that.

Comment

No chance, this is going to be £800 min, I'd suspect with a 1TB it'll be hitting £999 - it's ROG branded.

Comment

£350 or any 'Steam Deck' beating device is selling a lie

Comment

Are Asus just doing this to take claim for the most powerful handheld? Either way steam will get game sakes out of it.
                    I imagine you could instal steam OS on this somehow.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                      No chance, this is going to be £800 min, I'd suspect with a 1TB it'll be hitting £999 - it's ROG branded.
                      Reading around seems Asus is very well aware the price point is make or break compared to the Deck, maybe they are willing to take the risk and go for lower revenue.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                        £350 or any 'Steam Deck' beating device is selling a lie
                        This... Valve can afford to hit the price point and recoup costs via software attachment.

It doesn't matter how powerful these handheld are, if they're twice the price they're out of the running and appealing to a limited customer base.

Honestly I think the only thing that'll beat the Steam Deck is it's next iteration.

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
                          Reading around seems Asus is very well aware the price point is make or break compared to the Deck, maybe they are willing to take the risk and go for lower revenue.
                          Not unless they want to bleed money on it. It's not like ASUS can supplement the costs by creaming a percentage from Steam sales, or other such software marketplaces. This will be expensive (go look at the price of the GPD Win 4).
                          Last edited by MartyG; 05-04-2023, 07:32.

Comment

I see Cyberpunk is getting dlss3.0 update. The full rayracing looks insane.
                            Last edited by fishbowlhead; 05-04-2023, 20:56.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                              I see Cyberpunk is getting dlss3.0 update. The full retracing looks insane.
                              I don’t think DLSS 3 will make it look any better than it does currently, but it should boost frame rates by about 10% thanks to the AI-powered Frame Generation. I believe all this fizz will add at least a couple of frames worth of latency as well, so it’s not all roses.

Comment

A free Ghostwire Tokyo update titled Spider’s Thread is out now for the Bethesda supernatural action horror game, but also introduces Denuvo anti-tamper DRM.

Bethesda adds Denuvo to Ghostwire a year after its launch to coincide with some DLC

Comment

Working...
                                X