No announcement yet.

PCs and Steam: Thread 01

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nothing like adding a universally hated thing to a game a year after it was released to build good will with the player base.

Comment

I assume this is just to draw attention to it to get a few more sales. Its not being heavily pirated.

Comment

Don't see how that will work given it tanks performance (and this is hardly an optimal running title). Taking that off my favourites list then until it's removed again and added a negative review on Steam.
        Last edited by MartyG; 15-04-2023, 17:49.

Comment

I love how Steam has a red message telling you if the game has Denuvo.

Comment

There is the Denuvo Group curator which is worth following. If a game on Steam has Denuvo, it will have a listing from that curator against it. Then avoid buying it.

I don't know why you'd actively make your game have worse performance, especially given it was hacked shortly after its release with a yarr version readily available.

Comment

Wouldn’t adding Denuvo actively annoy the community to crack it and pirate the game much more than just leaving well alone?

Comment

Denuvo isn't cracked that often. There appears to be one person who knows how to and only does so if their bounty is paid.

In better news I saw that Capcom removed Denuvo from Resident Evil Village recently.

Comment

I don't understand how an anti piracy software can use upwards of 10% of the CPU at all times. What the hell is it doing?

Comment

Stopping you from having to many FPS !

Also looks likes Resi 2 and 3 have had Ray Tracing removed
                    Last edited by huxley; 16-04-2023, 08:23.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                      Denuvo isn't cracked that often. There appears to be one person who knows how to and only does so if their bounty is paid.

In better news I saw that Capcom removed Denuvo from Resident Evil Village recently.
                      Or so we're led to believe - better to let people think there's only one person with that knowledge.

We only need to look to The Witcher III and Cyberpunk 2077 to show that Denuvo is completely unnecessary.

Comment

Thing is, on PC there are that many sales from different sites that you don't really need the hassle of pirating a game.
                        The most I've paid is for Cyberpunk2077, everything else I'm playing didn't cost me more than £10. You can get Resi 4 for like £35.
                        If the prices are low and you wait a few weeks for a sale Denuvo is null and void.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                          Or so we're led to believe - better to let people think there's only one person with that knowledge.

We only need to look to The Witcher III and Cyberpunk 2077 to show that Denuvo is completely unnecessary.
                          If it wasn't the case we'd have a lot less Denuvo products left uncracked.

Comment

I'm looking for a bit of pc tech advice.
                            At the moment I have the completely ass intel CPU Cooler installed. I have neither the budget for a big tower fan, nor the inclination to remove the motherboard from the case to fit one.
                            Can anyone recommend a good cooler that can just replace it and at least offer quieter cooling?

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                              I'm looking for a bit of pc tech advice.
                              At the moment I have the completely ass intel CPU Cooler installed. I have neither the budget for a big tower fan, nor the inclination to remove the motherboard from the case to fit one.
                              Can anyone recommend a good cooler that can just replace it and at least offer quieter cooling?
                              You can get a decent mid ranger tower cooler for £30-35. Which CPU do you have?

Comment

It's an i7. Most towers need a mounting bracket put on the back of the motherboard, and I don't really have the time to take it all apart and fit one right now. I'll probably do it at some point, but I'm just looking for a quick stop gap.
                                I've looked around and found a few but I just wanted a recommendation.

Comment

Working...
                                X