Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lets hope its Steamdeck ready!

Comment

I would hope so considering it was a Saturn game.

Comment

Just watched that twice "appeared on Steam" Doh!

Comment

Treasure are such a odd company...they are still around....but not really lol

Comment

I've only ever watched a couple of their vids because, to be honest, I struggled to get past the slight CITV air of the way they're presented but I've been following the drama that's currently unfolding around LinusTech and it's fascinating to watch unfold.

Comment

This train is gold, it just keeps on giving

Personally, it's not surprising, I think we're going to increasingly see things like this because I see it as we're in the Dying Days of the Wild West period of Youtuber content. A handful make a fortune but those days are coming to an end, as the years continue big business is increasingly going to own this space and I think LTT is largely just an indicator of why that transition is going to be painful for many.

Comment

This isn't PC related, this is just YouTube drama nonsense

Comment

How can you say its not PC related millions of people Look to LTT in regards to testing and building PCs, hell a lot of people in the PC space are all about building these crazy rigs and spend more time researching and tinkering with their systems than actualy playing on them. Lots of people base spending decisions on reviews from channels like this, i know i always look at reviews when investing in new hardware.

When it turns out a lot of the testing an info they have given out is false or inaccurate then its worth discussing especially when the person is not some struggling youtuber but someone who has made an absolute killing off this space, they bring in 6-8 million a year just on ad and sponsorship revenue.

If it where only drama then that would be fine but getting slated by LTT can make or break your product and a lot of start ups need the exposure of LTT and have had products used incorrectly. For one startup they used their product incorrectly then auctioned off a one of a kind prototype despite promising to send it back on multiple occasions.

The Problem seems to be that their trying to do to much and not giving the care and attention to products than they need or willing to accept that their wrong and fix their editorial errors. the march forward and getting the next hit of ad revenuse seems to have overtaken their editorial integrity in the space which is what they built their brand on,,
                  Last edited by Lebowski; 17-08-2023, 10:13.

Comment

Because it isn't. Let's not pollute this thread with drama when there are more appropriate places for it, such as above and here: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1526...and-integrity/ - all the drama you could possible want across 100s of pages of it.
                    Last edited by MartyG; 17-08-2023, 10:40.

Comment

I didn't realise you where such a Linus super fan that you instantly want to shut down anyone bad mouthing him, maybe hop over to the LTT forum with all the other fan boys.

Comment

I'm not (and another reason I don't want to read about it in a thread about PC and Steam) - I'm suggesting moving it to the YouTube thread linked above to discuss YouTube things, or even start a new thread (which it may deserve) and leave this thread for actual PC and Steam discussion.
                        Last edited by MartyG; 17-08-2023, 10:51.

Comment

Im sorry your majesty i will submit all further posts too you for approval so i can be directed to the proper thread as per your wishes

its getting worse for linus

Linus Sebastian’s Linus Media Group YouTube empire is currently in crisis, with accusations of theft, lapses in ethics, and most recently, allegations of sexual harassment. The company has currently paused all production to improve its review processes, and CEO Terren Tong tells The Verge an outside investigator will be hired to examine the harassment allegations.

Comment

I'd say it started PC related, largely for the reasons Lebowski listed, but in the last day or so it's veered heavily into Youtube drama as other issues with LTT have emerged. It seems easily fixable were it not for one exception - Linus himself, who appears to be deep rooted as the problem

Comment

So create a new thread.

Comment

Looks like that new CPU exploit is going to impact performance :/ things I actually use my PC for

The performance impact from patching the AMD Ryzen Inception vulnerability doesn't look too serious, except for creatives who use photo editing apps. There, early tests indicate sharp performance drops.

Comment

Working...
                                X