PCs and Steam: Thread 01

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
    Maybe PCS, it's practically getting to the point of being a Steam platform at this point so half the updates will probably be related to that too
    And how the Nvidia 980 card isn't as great as it should be. And that's before it's even officially announced

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
      Thread title needs a 3+ character word for search. What should I use? IBMPC? er..
      GABEPC

or

Kitisawesomepc

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
        O60 is good enough for me, mind - for general/realistic usage.
        Me too. Was just pointing out that I reckon a lot of people could easily detect, and maybe appreciate, framerates above 60. I'll happily game at 60fps all day long though.

Comment

120/144Hz monitors were designed with certain game engines in mind I think. Go lock Source at 60 FPS for example, it sucks.

Still, Nvidia G-Sync is when stuff will matter. Until then I'm happy with my 60 FPS.

Comment

I think it's more important that you can get the framerate locked to a certain amount i.e 60fps with no variation whilst playing like so many games are guilty of. I hear G-Sync mostly achieves this without introducing stutter, latency & input lag. Again this is the 1080p 27inch 120/144hz G-Sync enabled monitor i'm thinking about when it comes out next month

It looks like a great monitor and is meant for gaming but i'm tempted to go for a bigger 32inch 1440p monitor also from Benq

Leading the way in bespoke PC systems and PC gaming, any and all of your components & peripherals needs are met with our vast range of products and services.

Any advice would be welcomed. Basically do i go for the smaller 1080p which offers higher refresh rates (120/144hz) and just 1ms response time or would the 32inch be better seeing as i sit fairly far away from my desk (just over a meter and a half) which is 1440p but ISN'T G-Sync enabled and which has slower response times of around 25ms and iv heard shows some mild ghosting on very fast moving games and is more of a CAD/CAM Monitor.

Comment

Final Fantasy IV debuted on the Nintendo Entertainment System in 1991, which means that if it was a human being it likely would have graduated college by now. But it's not a person, it's a videogame, and so instead of going to college, it's gone to Steam.

The updated Final Fantasy IV has quietly popped up on Steam now to buy

You haven't read much about Assassin's Creed Rogue around these parts because it's being developed exclusively for consoles, which puts it a bit outside the purview of a site called PC Gamer. But as Ubisoft revealed last month, that situation may change in the relatively near future.

Rumours that Assassins Creed Rogue will be coming to PC. Not that we don't expect it on everything eventually

Comment

There's also a steam logo on the official ffxiii portal...

Comment

Do any of you have your PC's watercooled? just wondering if it's worth considering nowadays.

I always like to dabble with overclocking and then benchmark with Valley HD Extreme test.

Comment

Got a corsair h50 here. Easy to fit unit, nothing fancy. Can overclock my i5 to 5.1ghz and it keeps it under 75c during torture tests. Quiet too although I did have the first unit fail.

Comment

Gets some stellar reviews the H50, I was leaning more towards GPU cooling, my mistake for not making that clear.

Comment

Motorcycle combat cruiser Road Redemption has arrived today on PC via Steam Early Access.Normally it will cost £14.99, …

Road Redemption Early Access is out for ?13.50 till the 25th. Love the idea but personally not convinced it'll deliver anything more than generic homage.

Comment

Valve has overhauled the Steam Store with the Discovery update to try and make it a more personalised service able to better cope with the increase in content

Comment

So, today I've spent a fair but amassing a series of PC games on preorder because I spent too much time browsing the internet. Now paid up for are Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare, Assassin's Creed: Unity, Far Cry 4 and The Evil Within. My main plus, but also the cause of this, being that it's cost me around half what it would have otherwise done to get the console versions.

Also, I got Deadly Premonition: DC. Mere pence for frame rate fixed FK Coffee. Awesome.

Comment

PC game prices are mighty tempting now I have a decent set up too.
                              Where did you buy most from SF?

Hotukdeals.com always have a number of PC game deals a day, mostly year old/indie stuff for silly money.

Comment

I've been using a mix of Fast2Play, InstantGaming.com and cjs-cdkeys
                                Not had any issues with them as yet, Steams sales tend to take care of everything else. I'd already preordered stuff like Borderlands PreSequel and Alien Isolation through it. You have to keep them vs being able to trade on console but sometimes the savings are so steep its worth it. I think Fast2play has Shadow of Mordor, when searched for, for just ?18 atm

Comment

Working...
                                X