No announcement yet.

PCs and Steam: Thread 01

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It’s not the subject matter (I don’t mean to liken the two things). It’s the style. It’s in the rage, really. Make a point by all means but once you get into tantrum territory, I’m out. Nobody gets there here because we’re not that kind of place but I’m sure you’ve seen it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
      It’s not the subject matter (I don’t mean to liken the two things). It’s the style. It’s in the rage, really. Make a point by all means but once you get into tantrum territory, I’m out. Nobody gets there here because we’re not that kind of place but I’m sure you’ve seen it.
      Perhaps, although I think that tantrum is quite difficult to define when it comes to the written word. For example I'm sure people took the SW:BF2 loot box arguments too far, but in the end made a valid point very successfully.

Originally posted by wakka View Post
      (although slightly patronising...!).
      I only just re-read this one, but just to say that I do apologise for that one because that wasn't my intention.

Although to be honest I could go on all day because I still think my example of purchasing a digital movie was closer than you gave it credit for. I can't remember movies NOT being made available to buy one on one of the big services i.e. iTunes, Amazon Video or Google Play store. But maybe I missed something (and no I'm not talking about subscriptions, just straight up purchasing of digital movies).

Comment

In all honesty, if anyone has to argue the definition of tantrum for something, it means it’s close enough that I’m out. It’s easy to steer well clear.

Comment

In all honesty, if anyone has to argue the definition of tantrum for something, it means it’s close enough that I’m out. It’s easy to steer well clear.
          Point taken although I thought the conversation was coming to an end. I probably didn't close out my last reply correctly.

Comment

No worries. Yeah, we have it all well covered! Our work here is done.

Comment

So, about that hot sauce...

Comment

...you can buy it anywhere, don't worry (unlike certain PC games).

Comment

...except you can’t buy ALL hot sauces everywhere (just like certain PC games).

(insert winky smiley here - I DON’T KNOW HOW!!!)

Comment

PC Gamers, get Morrowind for free for one day only

Comment

Already got it on cd. Just saying. Down with digital!

Comment

Tv, movies and music are in the same boat as pc games now. Multiple places to get them from, some streaming, some are purchases. Some have drm and some don’t. Most music streaming places don’t have a lot of the stuff I like. Some movie streaming sites have had stuff available at one time but now don’t whereas another site now does have it etc.

Comment

I don't see it myself when it comes to buying, not streaming. Maybe it's indicative of the sorts of movies I have purchased. Recent stuff like Independence Day, Deadpool 1/2, Jurassic Park, A:Infinity War - all of those have been available to purchase on any of the major digital services (Amazon Video, Google Play Store etc).

Streaming TV and movies is very different and in some ways would be like comparing Xbox Game Pass to PS Now. We also have a dominant Pay TV provider in the UK that messes things a bit. It's silly to bring streaming into the example where I was trying to compare buying a digital movie to games.

That said given that movies are still available on physical so (again) perhaps it wasn't the best example.
                          Last edited by Digfox; 25-03-2019, 19:30.

Comment

Do many (any) PC games get physical releases these days? Not really relevant to any point - I’m just curious because I can’t think when I last saw a physical PC release but I’m guessing the big games still get physical releases?

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                              https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...-elder-scrolls

PC Gamers, get Morrowind for free for one day only
                              And in true Bethesda form - redeeming the code produces an error

Originally posted by Bethesda Support
                              We are currently investigating issues with http://Bethesda.Net services and code redemptions. If you’re experiencing issues logging into your http://Bethesda.Net account, please be patient. Keep an eye out on our Status Portal and Bethesda Support Twitter for updates.
                              Last edited by MartyG; 25-03-2019, 19:41.

Comment

Do many (any) PC games get physical releases these days? Not really relevant to any point - I’m just curious because I can’t think when I last saw a physical PC release but I’m guessing the big games still get physical releases?
                                Very few, or at least limited to a very small number of countries I believe. Even then I think in general most don't. Although CD Key sellers some times source these for codes to sell.

Comment

Working...
                                X