No announcement yet.

PCs and Steam: Thread 01

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For general questing it's going to be fine no doubt - but then you get jumped and killed by some total slacker which is going to make you want to throw your pad through a wall.

Thinking about it you could possibly bind the four face action buttons to various shoulder button modifiers. Take the A-button...

A: Skill 1

L1 + A: Skill 2
    L2 + A: Skill 3
    R1 + A: Skill 4
    R2 + A: Skill 5

L1&R1 + A: Skill 6
    L1&L2 + A: Skill 7
    L1&R2 + A: Skill 8
    L2&R1 + A: Skill 9
    L2&R2 + A: Skill 10
    R1&R2 + A: Skill 11

L1&L2&R1 + A: Skill 12
    L1&L2&R2 + A: Skill 13
    L1&R1&R2 + A: Skill 14
    L2&R1&R2 + A: Skill 15

L1&L2&R1&R2 + A: Skill 16

16 x 4 = 64 total available binds. It's possible! You've have to be an absolute ninja, mind.
    Last edited by dataDave; 05-05-2020, 20:10.

Comment

I actually want to try this now.

Comment

Yea, I don't think it would ever be utilised for the competitive side of WoW but more for the casual play.

But I think there are so many issues with WoW UI that would need to be sorted before you could properly implement joypad controls. The Elder Scrolls Online does it brilliantly. On PC you have the two different interfaces which you can switch between. The joypad interface is basically the same as the console versions. No functionality lost.

That said TESO is a game in the vein of the old Guild Wars where you can only select your 5 skills + Ult for the main and off bars. This means you never have more than you 12 skills + 2 attacks + block/dodge to worry about. You have so many skills in WoW in comparison (even if it's less now) that it would have to be streamlined in some way.

Comment

On a very controller friendly note - Halo 2: Anniversary Edition arrives on PC next week

Comment

The GPU power ladder is simple: all current graphics cards ranked from best to worst, with average benchmark results at 1080p, 1440p and 4K.

Digital Foundry updates their GPU ranking chart, nice that the GTX1080 still sits in the Tier 2 area

Comment

You can still game perfectly well on PC with a GTX970, so long as you're not expecting 4K Ultra. My GTX1080 was struggling with 4K stuff when I bought it new, so my expectations of gaming at 4K now haven't changed - 1080P ultra gaming at well over 60 FPS is a doddle with that card and you can pick these up from £350 (although the price of GFX cards seems to be on the rise at the moment).

Comment

Yea, GPU hardware has definitely been remaining relevant longer for a while now. The days of regular GPU upgrades has gone.

I'm in their tier 3 and doing fine, although I'm consciously moving away from PC gaming. I'm not buying (many) new PC games and only really wedded to TESO on PC. Dropping from 1440p to 1080p made the downgrade from my Nvidia 1080 to 1070 pretty unnoticeable.

Although the negative with some of these super expensive GPUs is that if you are budget conscious you definitely get to a point where a console will run the games better that your PC, at a cheaper price point. If the XSX and PS5 are really Nvidia 2080 equivalents then that point is coming soon for many more people. In 'better' times that didn't really happen. Hence all the Youtube-'potato masher' $250 PCs outpacing PS4s and XBOs easily.
                Last edited by Digfox; 06-05-2020, 12:07.

Comment

Grand Theft Auto V will be the next free game on Epic Store

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                    Grand Theft Auto V will be the next free game on Epic Store
                    Cmon mate, include a source. I didn't believe that at first!

I wonder how much money that cost Epic.

Comment

Originally posted by Cepp View Post
                      An interesting question, although it may not be huge, in that there are benefits to both parties.

RDR2 was exclusive to EGS and their own Rockstar Games Launcher for one month before it hit Steam. And GTA V likely makes most of its revenue through MTX. Also 2K did a deal to have Borderlands 3 exclusive for 6-months so the groundwork was also set with another part of T2.

RDR2 & GTA V are/were also on Game Pass too which is also another indicator that MTX-revenue is more important at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by Cepp View Post
                        Cmon mate, include a source. I didn't believe that at first!

I wouldn't expect too much - GTAV is ancient and pretty much everyone who wanted to buy it already has. What this might do is boost some of the lucrative online shark money for Rockstar by getting some additional players onboard who wouldn't have otherwised bothered. It was on Game Pass a while back too, so I suspect that's the strategy here.

Edit: So yeah, pretty much what Digfox said prior to me

Comment

You would think everyone who wants it already has it, yet it’s consistently in the charts. I have no idea who these people are who are buying it. It’s mental.

Comment

Originally posted by Digfox View Post
                            An interesting question, although it may not be huge, in that there are benefits to both parties.

RDR2 was exclusive to EGS and their own Rockstar Games Launcher for one month before it hit Steam. And GTA V likely makes most of its revenue through MTX. Also 2K did a deal to have Borderlands 3 exclusive for 6-months so the groundwork was also set with another part of T2.

RDR2 & GTA V are/were also on Game Pass too which is also another indicator that MTX-revenue is more important at this point.
                            Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                            I wouldn't expect too much - GTAV is ancient and pretty much everyone who wanted to buy it already has. What this might do is boost some of the lucrative online shark money for Rockstar by getting some additional players onboard who wouldn't have otherwised bothered. It was on Game Pass a while back too, so I suspect that's the strategy here.

Edit: So yeah, pretty much what Digfox said prior to me
                            That's true, I can only imagine the amount of money they're making from the online part of it.

Comment

Serious Sam 4 rears its head again aiming for release this year but will only be for PC and some weird thing no-ones heard of called Stadia. Next-Gen consoles will see it but not till 2021 at the earliest due to a deal with Stadia.

Comment

Civ VI is free on the Epic game store this week!

The last game I played was V which I really enjoyed. Looking forward to giving this a shot.

Comment

Working...
                                X