No announcement yet.

PCs and Steam: Thread 01

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Because of the whole PS5 thing if I go for a GPU now I only have one retailer option so I'm very doubtful I'll get one now. No major rush I guess though *eye twitch*

Comment

Apparently:

Originally posted by Eurogamer
      You'll be able to buy the new Ampere series graphics card from 2PM on 17th September

Comment

I'm already logged in with Paypal 1-click and everything.

Comment

Imagine refreshing the page at 2pm, seeing the buy link, clicking it and seeing the confirmation page come up. You sit back in your chair relieved that you managed to snag an order before they sold out seconds later and for the joy of it you look at the page again and see:

Thank you, you're order has been received and is being processed. Your order for:

RTX 2080 NVidia GP OC...

Comment

I've double checked it says 3080 at the top of the page.

The good thing is these should be dispatched today if you snag one - what I haven't decided is whether to get the FE card or the 3rd party ones - it really depends on the pricing.

Comment

Still not seeing a purchase option :/

Comment

Out of stock, that was quick.

Comment

Yeah :/

Still, I've got a MSI GeForce RTX 3080 Ventus 3X being delivered tomorrow, although the confirmation email hasn't come through yet.

Edit - now confirmed.

Seems I could make quite a tidy profit flogging it on eBay.
                  Last edited by MartyG; 17-09-2020, 13:32.

Comment

Nvidia EU went straight to partner sales links. I doubt they had any FEs to sell at all.

Comment

Yep, not looking like it's happening but no urgent rush I guess. Question will end up being how long they remain too hard to get hold of

Comment

We have experienced an overwhelming amount of orders in a very short period of time for the newly-launched GeForce RTX 30 Series graphics cards. As a result, we do not currently have stock available to allocate to your order.
                        Bugger, cancelled it. I'll wait until there's plenty of stock available, really annoying thing is there were a bunch of different cards available for a good 10 minutes after I ordered.

Actually, no the really annoying thing is half these cards are going to go to eBay scalpers.
                        Last edited by MartyG; 17-09-2020, 16:47.

Comment

As expected, they never had any to sell to begin with.

Comment

Looks like I need to use the money from my 1080Ti on a Series S if I want to play Cyberpunk at all this year.

Comment

I can't say I'm really that bothered, £720 was a lot of money to spend on a graphics card - it just irks me to know loads of these cards are going to scalpers rather than people who actually want to use them.

There are already 100s of listings, with bids going for as much as £1400.

Last edited by MartyG; 17-09-2020, 16:55.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X