No announcement yet.

PCs and Steam: Thread 01

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The way things sound it comes across like Nvidia ran a fake launch yesterday with an insanely small number of units simply so they could nab the timing of coinciding with interest in next-gen consoles. Sounds like it could get into new year before things settle on the 30XX and I can't be bothered F5'ing all the time.

Comment

Gaming Nexus have done a video on the supply of cards after talking to a lot of different partners on and off the record

Comment

At this point it'd be almost more tempting to get a 2080ti if its price collapsed as a result

Comment

The prices seem to have come back up a bit, I'd still say it'd not be a good buy for more than the price of a 3080, even given the current availability.

Comment

Wonder if it'll lead to a delayed reveal of the 3080ti... still, made sticking with PS5 easier to choose on

Comment

So much for needing a new video card lol

Comment

Specs look quite reasonable - but then the GTX 1060, GTX 1050 and GTX 1050 Ti account for 25% of users on Steam.

If you do buy a new graphics card, I'd avoid getting it from Novatech, it seems currently they're marking the cards up by at least 10% over RRP.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post

So much for needing a new video card lol
                  Indeed. It would have ran perfectly fine on the 1080Ti.

That said I kinda don't want to play it without ray-tracing and phaz0rs set to 'v4P0riZe lol'. I want to have my dick out throughout the entirety of the game.

Comment

Yeah that's fair, people wanting ray tracing will definitely need new video cards of course.

Comment

Nice, I mean it kind of backs up the impression that the game isn't as wow expansive as was being sold which is fine and now expectations of next-gen patches can be dialled in. I'll def go PC then with that one.

Whatever happens stock wise I'm leaning now on leaving RTX 3080 till maybe Easter next year, too much faff and frankly nothing to use the card with. Might know about 3080ti by then too

Comment

Football Manager 2020 is free on the Epic Game Store atm. I haven't played an SI games since Champ Man 97/98, but maybe it's time to take Oldham Athletic back to the Premiership.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                          Nice, I mean it kind of backs up the impression that the game isn't as wow expansive as was being sold which is fine and now expectations of next-gen patches can be dialled in. I'll def go PC then with that one.
                          Let's not forget that they've spent at least two full years optimising things. I'm trying to imagine what someone like Nintendo could do with current PC hardware.

Comment

The chances of Cyberpunk 2077 being a duffer are incredibly slim, CD Keys have this for £36 PC at the mo, which makes it cheaper than the console versions. I'm expecting Witcher 3 with high-tech guns.

I wouldn't expect to hear anything on an RTX3080 Ti for another 9-12 months at the earliest unless AMD have managed to leap NVIDIA and come in cheaper with Big Navi (based on previous refreshes)

GeForce GTX 980 September 18, 2014
                            GeForce GTX 980 Ti June 2, 2015

GeForce GTX 1080 May 27, 2016
                            GeForce GTX 1080 Ti March 10, 2017

GeForce RTX 2080 September 20, 2018
                            GeForce RTX 2080 Ti September 27, 2018
                            GeForce RTX 2080 Super July 23, 2019

Rumblings are that stock availability will be better towards the end of October, which makes some sense given that's the windows for Big Navi. I think it's still going to be a struggle to find them in stock on demand for a while though.
                            Last edited by MartyG; 19-09-2020, 20:13. Reason: crikey the typos- either my eyes or k/b is playing up.

Comment

Are we expecting, even with the extra month, for the 3070 launch to be just as bad?

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                                Are we expecting, even with the extra month, for the 3070 launch to be just as bad?
                                I imagine so. The bots will buy up all stock, try to seel for £4K a go but eventually, the insanity will relent and all stock will return to normal.

I have a 2070 RTX card and was considering a 3070 but feel I'll be just fine for another year or 2 then will upgrade. What are you considering upgrading from?

Comment

Working...
                                X