No announcement yet.

PCs and Steam: Thread 01

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice, friend of mine got a 5600X the same way.

Seen that my B450 MSI board should support these chips soon, might be time for an upgrade in a month or so.

Comment

DLSS is genuinely amazing. Yes there's some visual quality loss but not having to deal with the quality loss of running at a non native resolution on an LCD reminds me of the benefit of using a CRT with a PC. Hoping this is more widely adopted going forward, it's awesome.

Comment

It'll be interesting to see if Nintendo can get any use out of it on future hardware.

Comment

Sadly I doubt nvidia will ever add DLSS support to DCS so it's probably worthless to me.

Comment

As part of their sale event from tomorrow Epic Store will be giving away a free game every 24hrs for 15 days

Comment

Didn't realise Quake II RTX was free! Will have to dl later.

Comment

Epic Store Xmas Free Game 01/15:

Cities: Skyline

Comment

[MENTION=1482]dataDave[/MENTION]: How did you get DLSS with QII RTX? I can't see an option

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                    [MENTION=1482]dataDave[/MENTION]: How did you get DLSS with QII RTX? I can't see an option
                    I think it's the resolution and scaling options somewhere in the video settings. You can switch the scaling to adaptive and give it a target framerate to keep up with.

I'd provide exact details but I can't get into the game at the minute because it's asking for a driver update, which I'm doing right now.

Comment

I think I saw a dynamic resolution option? I guess that's it.

Gonna try this undervolting lark this weekend, see what I can pull off.

Edit: Managed to get my card on a seemingly stable 1920MHz~1950MHz at 0.9V which is a reduction of over 100mV. Previously it would dither around the mid to high 1800 range so it's a bit of a boost. Temps don't seem hugely affected but during some Cyberpunk I was about 5c down, not to be snoozed at. Might try reducing the voltage a little more tomorrow, good results so far though!
                      Last edited by speedlolita; 19-12-2020, 01:27.

Comment

That's exactly where I'm at with mine. Actually you can bring those temps down with an incremental fan profile, too. I'll share my screens later.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                          Edit: Managed to get my card on a seemingly stable 1920MHz~1950MHz at 0.9V which is a reduction of over 100mV. Previously it would dither around the mid to high 1800 range so it's a bit of a boost. Temps don't seem hugely affected but during some Cyberpunk I was about 5c down, not to be snoozed at. Might try reducing the voltage a little more tomorrow, good results so far though!
                          Here's my settings:

Power limit and temp limit raised up to max. They don't go anywhere near those limits, but setting them this way here made the Superposition benchmark perfectly stable.

That fan profile works wonders, for me at least. 80 degrees peak became 70 degrees:

Comment

Quite a bit lower from me but it's still a decent improvement over stock (9283). What I'm most impressed by is power draw. The card doesn't exceed 170W during this benchmark, or 180W with the 8K one and during Cyberpunk it seems to rarely exceed 150W. The FE power limit is 200 for this card, and can be knocked up to 220W via Afterburner. Card was running around 60c during this too, though it is a bit colder today.

Comment

That's a really nice benchmarker, kind of got distracted watching it.

Was a bit unsure given how old the PC is now but she did me proud:

Comment

Steam Winter Sale is now on - I really wish they spaced these out a bit more. Not sure we need three sales within the space of 6 weeks.

Comment

Working...
                                X