No announcement yet.

PCs and Steam: Thread 01

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

did i miss something or has the 5700 5700xt just disappeared from a lot of sites

Comment

Originally posted by eastyy View Post
      did i miss something or has the 5700 5700xt just disappeared from a lot of sites
      Seems they're end of life, though the XT should be available a little longer. May have sold through them already.

Update, October 7th 2020: AMD has confirmed it has ceased production for the RX 5700, but that RX 5700 XT manufacturing will be ongoing at least until 1Q2021. It's unclear what this means for the company's RDNA2 launch plans; it could be speculated the company will be releasing halo products first, ...

Comment

I slipped and ordered a 5600X.

Should be quite a bit faster than my 2600. Will have to run some benchmarks once it arrives. Only using it for gaming so I didn't feel the 5800X was worth the extra cost - might be a mistake over time though!
        Last edited by speedlolita; 05-01-2021, 12:07.

Comment

PC component price hikes hit the US: Resetera link - GPUs and Motherboards get price hikes in the US as tariff exemption expires (up to $260 more)

Feels like PC price increases caught up with US consumers, but for different reasons. Although those prices still appear cheaper than our current UK prices when you do the $USD to £GBP conversion (I know it's not like for like, but still).

Comment

Upgraded to the lastest beta BIOS on my B450 Tomahawk last night. Dropped my 5600X in this morning and it's all working just great - besides the CPU error light being on. Apparently that's just a quirk of the beta BIOS right now. Nice to be able to upgrade without having to buy a new motherboard.

No improvement in Superposition which just goes to show there wasn't a GPU bottleneck like I thought there might be. You can definitely feel the IPC improvement in general desktop usage, and having run the Shadowbringers benchmark scored about 30% higher. Noticed the framerate being much closer to 165 in Forza Horizon 4 also.
            Last edited by speedlolita; 06-01-2021, 15:43.

Comment

Stuck a sabrent pci4.0 nvm 1tb in my machine. The old 240gig one is now a drive just for dcs. Happy that I got a X570 board now otherwise I’d have to offload that old drive. Still need a new gpu but they’re made from unobtanium still.

Comment

Same drive I'm using - very happy with the performance I'm getting from it, but there's definitely potential from PCIE 4 for greater speed.

Comment

I see the RTX 3060 has officially been announced: https://www.gamespot.com/articles/nv...NLS-04-10aaa1d

I had seen the leaks a little while ago listing 12GB of VRAM, which I assumed would be a mistake given the 3080, 3070 & 3060 Ti all have less, but it turns out that is the spec, albiet GDDR6 not GDDR6X. Priced at $329, so probably £300ish, it's still not exactly entry level cheap (I paid less for a GTX 970), but I don't doubt this will be a popular card.

Comment

It's kind of impressive how NVidia is committed to launching new 30XX cards whilst people still can't even get hold of the existing ones

Comment

Yeah it’s like AMD presenting at CES the other day. Why would I watch that? You don’t have anything I can buy as it is!

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                        It's kind of impressive how NVidia is committed to launching new 30XX cards whilst people still can't even get hold of the existing ones
                        They've postponed launching the 3080 Ti due to supply issues.

Comment

Only just found out Zero gunner 2 was ported to Steam last month i loved the game on Dreamcast https://store.steampowered.com/app/1...ZERO_GUNNER_2/

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                            They've postponed launching the 3080 Ti due to supply issues.
                            But good news, NVIDIA has launched another graphics card, the GT1010 https://www.tomshardware.com/uk/news...-1010-released - maybe you'll be able to buy one of these and crypto-miners and scalpers won't want them.

'member when CB Radios were a thing? 10-10, good buddy.
                            Last edited by MartyG; 19-01-2021, 13:59.

Comment

Seeing my old video card selling for 50% more than I got for it when I sold it, it's closing in on what I paid for my 3060 Ti. This is insanity, worse than it was 2 years ago.

Comment

Seeing companies, like CCL and Overclockers with a 20% markup over RRP is what annoys me most. Not being able to get a new car because there's no stock is one thing buy knowing people are paying scalper prices to well known pc retailers is worse.

Comment

Working...
                                X