No announcement yet.

PCs and Steam: Thread 01

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have CCL been marking up? I got a Ryzen CPU from them for RRP.

Edit - Difficult to get to prices as they're not on the main listings, but you can sort low-high, Zotac GeForce RTX 3080 Trinity 10GB OC is the cheapest, if you click on it, it shows in the last viewed with a price of £775. The RRP is £699. Overclockers £839.99. Most places aren't listing prices tho.

If you can get one though, you can make a profit selling it to CEX who will give you £850 cash for it and sell it to you for £1,000.
    Last edited by MartyG; 27-01-2021, 09:59.

Comment

Currys have had the best prices on 5600X (£280) and 5800X (£400). CCL have those listed at £319.99 and £429.99 respectively. I paid £310 for my 5600X with Scan until I noticed Currys had them in for £30 a few days later. Was annoying as I'd already installed it, £30 down the drain I guess!

Comment

I think they are all doing it (OCUK, CCL etc.). Those Zotac 3080's were £649 when they launched on Overclockers and they weren't selling below RRP.

Comment

Zotac increased the RRPs of their cards since then: https://www.tomshardware.com/uk/news...20respectively - this was down to US tariff changes, it shouldn't really impact on the UK pricing tho.
          Last edited by MartyG; 27-01-2021, 11:42.

Comment

There's a Nippon Ichi publisher sale on Humble Bundle at the moment: https://www.humblebundle.com/store/p...ublisher-sale/

If you've never played Disgaea, you can currently get the Digital D00D edition for £2 https://www.humblebundle.com/store/d...l-dood-edition - fantastic game with hours of content and that makes it the greatest bargain ever to have been offered in a sale. Ever.

Quite tempted to pick up Langrisser i & ii - I've never played these RPGs.

Comment

Some interesting movement in the video card space.

The 3060 appears to have an anti crypto mechanism built in, meaning it halves the hash rate once it detects that the card is being used for mining. It seems as if existing 3000 series cards are going to become EOL and revised versions with this crypto brake are going to replace them.

There's also a different product line specifically for crypto mining with no dedicated graphics processor or video outputs.

Yesterday NVIDIA announced the company's first Crypto Mining Processor (CPM) that serves the purpose of having a dedicated processor only for mining with no video outputs. Alongside the new processors, the company has also announced that in the next driver update the GeForce RTX 3060 GPU will get Et...

Could help the current situation but I guess it depends how easy it is to circumvent this brake - if it is possible at all.

Comment

That’ll last 20 seconds until its circumvented.

Comment

Remember El Shaddai? 10 years after it came out on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, it's finally coming to PC.El Shaddai: As…

10 years on El Shaddai is headed to PC

Comment

The RTX 3060 launches today, supposedly with better performance than the 2070 super - anyone going to waste their time trying to buy one? Even though they're not officially available yet, the resale market is already flooded with them.

GeForce RTX 3060 orders open starting February 25 at 17:00 GMT and close at 17:01 GMT once the bots have grabbed them all.
                    Last edited by MartyG; 25-02-2021, 10:46.

Comment

Not sure you can even call these launches anymore given how scarce they are out the factory then get bot bought for mining or scalping.

Comment

Yeah, wasn't much stock available - there were two cards on CCL Online, but both of these were £500. For a 3060.

No, just no.

It's just taking the absolute pizzle.
                        Last edited by MartyG; 25-02-2021, 17:21.

Comment

Won’t use ccl, ever, and won’t buy nvidia. These prices are mad

Comment

That's a considerable price, especially the level of performance they deliver. Seems to be like 75% of a 3060 Ti.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                              Won’t use ccl, ever, and won’t buy nvidia. These prices are mad
                              Think in the case of the Strix, there's also a degree of ASUS marking up the cooler prices, but there's definitely additional markup over RRP.

Regardless, no one should be paying £630 for a 3060 even if it does have ARGB on it.

Comment

Outriders demo is out on steam nearly 22gb.

Played a bit story had me intrigued but i dunno seems a mash of many things, was getting Mass effect and some Anthem vibes from it in the look and loot of the game

Comment

Working...
                                X