No announcement yet.

PCs and Steam: Thread 01

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aaaaand...the unhackable (according to nVidia) cryptomining limiter on the RTX 3060 has been hacked, apparently even without installing a hacked BIOS (according to nVidia the limiter is an handshake chain between driver, BIOS, and 3060 chip), just a particular version of the drivers and then launch the workaround.

Comment

Comment

NVidia unlocked it... by mistake

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
          “The driver has been removed.” - LOL.

Er, no. If it was posted on the internet and someone already downloaded it, it'll be available to install forever, afterall, it's not like crypto miners need to constantly update their drivers for new game support - no squeezing the toothpaste back into the tube here.

Comment

They've also asked everyone who downloaded it to please delete it. Phew!

Comment

Im shocked.

Comment

Comment

Intel are poking Macs with their last commercial starring the "I'm a Mac" guy from past Apple commercials. Reeks of desperate and not that funny.

Also, great editing at 0:16, Intel.

Comment

Absolute desperation. We need Windows and Linux (maybe Linux already does) running on these type of CPUs. A laptop with battery life of an iPad (and not the weight of a desktop)? Yes please!

Comment

You mean Arm chips?

Comment

I do yes. Of course Linux already runs on arm (Pi for example), dunno what I was thinking there! But yeah, laptops ought to be based around them too.

Comment

Another graphics card launch today, the AMD RX 6700 XT which will be sold out 1 min after it goes on sale at 1PM this afternoon.

Reviews haven't been particularly glowing, suggesting that the price performance isn't a forward step (and that's before you add on the current price hikes), but given it'll be another paper launch you won't be buying one anyway.

Both the AMD reference and third party cards will be "available" today; they're supposed to start at $479 (could not see any official UK price, but based on other cards, it should be around £450).

Comment

Real nice of them to release more product that nobody can get hold of!

Comment

Yes I appreciate having more choice over what not to buy.

Comment

I can't see a single UK site even listing them currently.

Box, Amazon, CCL, Overclockers, ebuyer, Currys - none of them.

Edit - well 6 mins after launch and still nothing, so if there were any to get, they've all gone by now.

You can get them on eBay

Last edited by MartyG; 18-03-2021, 14:39.

Comment

Working...
                                X