No announcement yet.

PCs and Steam: Thread 01

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forget Call of Duty, everyone knows that it's just a rip off of the original Wolfenstein.

Speaking of which, the final release of Wolfenstein Blade of Agony, totally free across 30 levels of late 90s FPS carnage, has just been released. If you enjoyed these old school FPS games, then you'll definitely enjoy this one.

Details & d/l here: https://boa.realm667.com/index.php/about

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
      Forget Call of Duty, everyone knows that it's just a rip off of the original Wolfenstein.

Speaking of which, the final release of Wolfenstein Blade of Agony, totally free across 30 levels of late 90s FPS carnage, has just been released. If you enjoyed these old school FPS games, then you'll definitely enjoy this one.

Details & d/l here: https://boa.realm667.com/index.php/about
      Really impressive, I just downloaded it but the blur is extremely aggressive. It hurts my eyes.

There must be an option buried in the menu somewhere but I'm struggling to find it.

-edit-
      Found it!
      Last edited by Cepp; 20-05-2021, 23:14.

Comment

Valve is reportedly readying to enter the hardware market once more, this time with a new "Switch-like" handheld gaming…

Reports are that Valve are working on a Switch style handheld console which presumably means it's like most Valve hardware items so won't be widespread or much different than what you can already get

Comment

Alongside the pretty pointless RTX3080ti and RTX3070ti announcments (thanks to the ongoing inability to buy GPU's properly) NVidia has announced that DLSS will be coming to Red Dead Redemption II.

As is the meme... sorry, theme... some on Era are already excited about DLSS making the game run great on Switch Pro. You know, because Rockstars Nintendo support is so extensive...

Comment

Additional to the above:

AMD's DLSS rival launches on 22 June and works on both Radeon and NVidia cards. I have no idea on the ins and outs of this but it sounds like it works like DLSS 1.0 so whilst it will be able to come to consoles it sacrifices picture quality for performance. It's very good but not DLSS 2.0 good.

Comment

Ill take anything on consoles to keep 60fps to be honest. If the devs can use FidelityFX with 1440p then upscale to keep 60fps as standard then job done.

Comment

Anything that doesn’t need unobtainable hardware is win.

Comment

It really is quite annoying when NVIDIA put up MSRP prices of $1,199 for the RTX 3080 Ti (June 3rd) and $599 for the RTX 3070 Ti (June 10th), because virtually no one is going to be able to buy the six cards they'll have up for sale at that price.

Mind the 3080 Ti price stinks of NVIDIA hiking the price up even before the scalper premiums, given that's 3090 territory.

Comment

I think the ongoing shortage of base materials and parts played a part in the 3080ti's peicing, but not as much as nVidia's realizing they could price it at any point and they will still sell it.

Comment

3080 vs 3080Ti = Less than a 10% performance increase for a 70% price hike.

Comment

I just REALLY hope my RTX 2080 Super doesn't break until this whole ****ty pricing gets resolved. I refuse to pay £1,400 for a card with RRP of £600.

Comment

To sum up generally Stuff we did not want....and if we did not in stock and if they were we cannot afford

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                            3080 vs 3080Ti = Less than a 10% performance increase for a 70% price hike.
                            Yup, seen the reviews this morning. No one should be buying this card over a 3080, it's never going to find an additional 60% performance no matter how much they optomise the drivers.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                              Yup, seen the reviews this morning. No one should be buying this card over a 3080, it's never going to find an additional 60% performance no matter how much they optomise the drivers.
                              That depends on if they even bother making the 3080 anymore. I presume the 'generous' MSRP pricing up until now was a precautionary move prior to AMD's show of hands. Now that the threat no longer exists it's business as usual.

It's even making the 3090 an attractive offer. With all that VRAM you probably won't need to upgrade for a very, very long time.
                              Last edited by dataDave; 03-06-2021, 08:00.

Comment

On June 24 Microsoft will be revealing its next-gen Windows update

Comment

Working...
                                X