PCs and Steam: Thread 01

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brad View Post
    Ryzens have a TPM built in. I think 8th gen onwards Intel Core chips also have it.
    TPM is not a problem from any system from 2016 onwards, it's just that I don't want to enable it. No particular reason, I just don't want to do it.

Comment

Details are scarce, but it seems Microsoft are enabling Android apps to run natively on Win11 through Intel's Bridge technology, so this feature might be linked to specific Intel CPUs. Right now this is limited to Amazon's own store, and is not clear if evey app there will run on Win11, but this sounds like an interesting development.

Comment

Cool. Like how I can run iOS apps on my macbook now.
        What's happening with Windows for ARM? Is that a real movement or just something they're dabbling with?

Comment

It's going forward, but rather slowly; IIRC Adobe released Photoshop for WinOnArm a few weeks ago. Development will surely get a boost if nVidia or similar will release an Arm CPU not limited to Apple ecosystems or mobile devices.

Comment

Looking like I can't upgrade to W11, my CPU is too old and given the requirements roof is daftly high it looks like W10 isn't going anywhere

Comment

Get ready for ms to backpedal on the tpm requirement.

Comment

Given how eager they were to get W10 on as many machines as possible having restrictions for W11 seems bizarre

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                  Get ready for ms to backpedal on the tpm requirement.
                  Yup, pretty sure this will happen as it's going to limit the machines it can run on way more than any CPU/GPU combo - and it's going to create loads of support headaches (and it's probably not even active on the corporate multi-licence SKU).

I know it can be a useful module, but I doubt very many of the general public care.

Comment

Some NIS games are getting a price bump on Steam soon so might be worth picking anything up that's on sale if you're interested in them.

UPCOMING CHANGES TO PC GAMES PRICING | NIS America, Inc.

Upcoming and current (non-sale) prices below in USD but it gives you an idea.

The 25th Ward: The Silver Case. $19.99 USD ($9.99 USD)
                    Birthdays the Beginning. $19.99 USD ($9.99 USD)
                    The Caligula Effect: Overdose. $49.99 USD ($29.99 USD)
                    Cladun Returns: This Is Sengoku!. $19.99 USD ($9.99 USD)
                    Cladun X2. $9.99 USD ($4.99 USD)
                    Criminal Girls: Invite Only. $19.99 USD ($9.99 USD)
                    Disgaea PC. $19.99 USD ($14.99 USD)
                    htoL#NiQ: The Firefly Diary. $9.99 USD ($4.99 USD)
                    Labyrinth of Refrain: Coven of Dusk. $49.99 USD ($29.99 USD)
                    The Longest Five Minutes. $19.99 USD ($9.99 USD)
                    Phantom Brave PC. $19.99 USD ($4.99 USD)
                    PSYCHO-PASS: Mandatory Happiness. $19.99 USD ($9.99 USD)
                    A Rose in the Twilight. $19.99 USD ($9.99 USD)
                    Yomawari: Night Alone. $19.99 USD ($9.99 USD)
                    Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of DANA. $59.99 USD ($39.99 USD)

Comment

Is that because their games are selling so well at the moment? Like the restaurant that puts their prices up because they're getting selling less covers and then gets less customers.

I like Disgaea, but it isn't worth the price increase and The Caligula Effect: Overdose & Labyrinth of Refrain: Coven of Dusk definitely aren't worth the price increase.

Guess this is the beginning of their final demise - not sure about the US arm, but the Japanese part of the company's finanical woes have been well reported and these are niche games that people who wanted them probably bought long ago, so I can't see this move helping their sales figures.

Comment

Feels like they've been in trouble since the PS3 days but they keep on truckin' somehow!

Comment

This is decent: Yakuza 3 HD, Paradise Killer and Dirt 5 with more on PC for £8.50

Comment

It's somebody's lucky day then as I just bought Yakuza 3 in the Steam sales, so I have a spare key for this - let me know if you want it.

Comment

Comment

Nvidia have showcased a demo of Wolfenstein Young Blood with RTX enabled running on a 3060 and an ARM chip (a Mediatek MT8195), and Arch Linux as the underlying OS.

Comment

Working...
                                X