User Tag List

Page 83 of 94 FirstFirst ... 73818283848593 ... LastLast
    Not a fan of this new game list UI on Steam.

I decided to plunge for the Xbox game pass and play some Gears 4 ahead of The Outer Worlds coming out next week. 133GB though, Christ! Also, there are actually a lot more games on this service than I first thought. When you do a search on the website for PC titles you get 47 results but there's actually 145 games available to download and the selection's pretty good tbh.

Microsoft's clearly playing the long game here and I think it could pay off.

The upcoming dates for the Steam sales have leaked.

Steam 2019 sale dates

Halloween sale: Oct. 28 - Nov. 1
    Autumn sale: Nov. 26 - Dec. 3
    Winter sale: Dec. 19 - Jan. 2

Not sure I see the point in having three sales so bunched up together.

[Source]

Lets hope there is something worth buying this time. They need to up their game to take on epic.

Quote Originally Posted by MartyG View Post
    Not sure I see the point in having three sales so bunched up together.
    Hasn't it alway been that way though. Just the three big western (NA) holidays; Halloween, Thanksgiving and Xmas/NY. I'm sure most of the other mature platforms like Live, PSN, GOG etc. will be the same.

I agree with your sentiment and Halloween is probably very droppable but I guess is good promotion for the horror/dark-themed games. Can also tie in the MTX/Seasonal 'events' etc. to these, if required.

Quote Originally Posted by vanpeebles View Post
    Lets hope there is something worth buying this time. They need to up their game to take on epic.
    That's not really down to Steam though, it's the publishers / dev that decides how much they want to discount their game, if at all. When Epic offered discounts not authorised by the publishers, they got into flak over it.

That's not really down to Steam though, it's the publishers / dev that decides how much they want to discount their game, if at all. When Epic offered discounts not authorised by the publishers, they got into flak over it.
    Still down to Steam to come up with the goods though.

Quote Originally Posted by vanpeebles View Post
    Still down to Steam to come up with the goods though.
    I'm not sure I understand what you mean.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean.
    Well steam is stagnating a bit, and there are a load of challengers floating about now. They can't rest on their laurels anymore.

Anyone playing Disco Elysium? It's the first PC game in a long time that's really got my attention (from strong reviews, short clips and screenshots etc), and with there being no Mac or console options yet I'm left out in the cold. Would be interested to see a first play if anyone's taken the plunge!