• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
    And in true Bethesda form - redeeming the code produces an error

I'm getting the same error

Comment

Mine redeemed just now

Anyone know if No Man's Sky on PC is getting that VR update?

Comment

Originally posted by Adam View Post
        Mine redeemed just now

Anyone know if No Man's Sky on PC is getting that VR update?
        Yup pc as well!

Comment

Originally posted by Digfox View Post
          I don't see it myself when it comes to buying, not streaming. Maybe it's indicative of the sorts of movies I have purchased. Recent stuff like Independence Day, Deadpool 1/2, Jurassic Park, A:Infinity War - all of those have been available to purchase on any of the major digital services (Amazon Video, Google Play Store etc).

Streaming TV and movies is very different and in some ways would be like comparing Xbox Game Pass to PS Now. We also have a dominant Pay TV provider in the UK that messes things a bit. It's silly to bring streaming into the example where I was trying to compare buying a digital movie to games.

That said given that movies are still available on physical so (again) perhaps it wasn't the best example.
          I think you’re arguing with yourself at this point

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
            I think you’re arguing with yourself at this point
            Probably explains why the responses got better

Comment

Anyway moving on and back to PC stuff; Bethesda Games Studios just did a '360' on their Steam/PC strategy:

We’re pleased to announce that RAGE 2, Wolfenstein: Youngblood, Wolfenstein: Cyberpilot, and DOOM Eternal will be released on Steam as well as https://beth.games/2Mhhqoi . We will also be bringing Fallout 76 to Steam later this year.
              First question is why, abeit it probably has an obvious answer.

Comment

I believe CDProjekt did the same thing when they tried to sell Thronebreaker as a GOG exclusive, it didn't sell enough, so they quickly released it on Steam.

Comment

Yep. I suspect the numbers were really bad and BGS just doesn't have the luxury to build up their PC user base. FO76 needs players for MTX revenue too. Maybe harsh but perhaps only TES6 is a big enough game/brand to drive players towards their own launcher.

The thing the struck me was their implementation with haphazard though. Their largest live service game; TESO isn't integrated with the BGS launcher. Years ago when Blizzard launched their Blizzard App on PC they forced all their WoW subscribers through it and dumped the separate game launcher. I know it's their sister studio (Zenimax) but they haven't even bothered to tap into that user base. That said I do get it takes time and resources to develop these things.

So perhaps they can continue to work on it, even if for now they fall back onto Steam.

Comment

Fallout 76 not being a buggy mess and a good game would probably help player numbers, putting it on Steam doesn't cure those issues.

Comment

This looked like a pretty good value bundle from Fanatical (they can be pretty dreadful on there sometimes) https://www.fanatical.com/en/bundle/...nce_03_28_2019 - Chaos Reborn, Rebel Galaxy, Ash of Gods, Rime and River City Ransom all pretty decent for £4.49

Comment

Unreal Engine 4 visual demo running on a single GTX1080ti

Comment

What's the prize for posting the most toxic subreddit?

https://www.reddit.com/r/f**kepic/

Comment

Oh there are much, much, much worse subreddits...

Comment

I picked up R-Type Dimensions today only to discover it doesn't support direct input which my saturn to usb converter uses

I guess it makes sense that more and more devs would stick to x-input these days but it still sucks. On the plus side my refund request seems to have been accepted (although the amount still shows as pending for some reason).

Comment

PC version of MK 11 is far better then the MKX launch only issue i had so far was this very odd Hair Glitch for many of the characters and made my eyes go weird

Comment

Working...
                                X