No announcement yet.

PCs and Steam: Thread 01

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UPDATE: Microsoft has clarified how the airports in the various editions of Microsoft Flight Simulator will work, after…

Microsoft Flight Simulator launches on PC on 18 August 2020 with three editions

Comment

Zero chance of me paying £110 for the premium edition. Zero chance of me paying £59 tbh, so I'll dabble in the Game Pass edition.

The higher they raise the prices of new releases, the less and less likely I'm going to buy them until they're on sale. I can count on one hand the number of full price new releases I've purchased in the last 12 months.

Comment

Fancy getting a physical copy of Microsoft Flight Simulator instead of the digital version? Then expect it to come on 1…

The physical version of Microsoft Flight Simulator imitates that old Xbox 360 MGS4 meme by coming on a whopping 10 discs

Comment

Move over Terry Crews, the PC Master Race has a new crush (taken from Resetera); https://www.instagram.com/tv/CCs-N1E...ource=ig_embed

TLDR; Well known actor Henry Cavill builds a gaming PC. Makes a typical mistake mid-way which proves even Superman can't always get things the right way round.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
            Anyone playing Disco Elysium? It's the first PC game in a long time that's really got my attention (from strong reviews, short clips and screenshots etc), and with there being no Mac or console options yet I'm left out in the cold. Would be interested to see a first play if anyone's taken the plunge!
            I just noticed this now supports macOS. It's also 25% off on GOG.com.

Comment

Heroic post, thanks for thinking of me!

I grabbed the Mac version on Steam back when they patched it, but in honesty it gave me a whole host of problems - after taking some 10+ attempts to boot correctly, I had to do quite a bit of scaling back to get it to perform acceptably. I might wait for the Switch version to launch after all...

Comment

Back into Arma 3. I tried the Team 17 Hell game at the weekend but it was a bit too fast paced still for me. Loving Arma apart from when it glitches like when my squad leader marched us all to the wrong side of the map and then just stood there. Ran to the objective on my own, all the while he’s telling me to form up on him. Then when I engage he’s telling me to get support. Annoying but also pretty funny.

Comment

Twitch Prime have a good selection of games this month.

I messed around with the SNK 40th Anniversary Collection and Turok 2 but it's Grip that's really... gripped me... It essentially feels like modern Rollcage with better controls.

Comment

The RTX30XX series looks set to be unveiled on 09 September

Comment

The RTX 3070, 3080 and 3090 are now official with a pricing of $499, $699 and $1499.

The 3070 looks pretty sweet with a performance equallying the 2080ti ($1200) according to NVIDIA.

If you just bought that card, you're probably feeling gutted right now. What that'll do for the 2nd hand prices I'm not sure - why would you buy a 2080ti 2nd hand for £900 when you can get a 3070 new for £400-450?

3080 out first on 17th, 3090 on 26th Sept and 3070 in October.

I'm definitely tempted to go for the 1080->3080 upgrade.

Comment

I feel like it'll be £500 for a 3070 and a £700 for a 3080, would like to be wrong though. 3070 looks like a great proposition in terms of price performance. Could get 180~200 for my existing GPU which wouldn't make that a hard decision to make... Hmm

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                          I feel like it'll be £500 for a 3070 and a £700 for a 3080, would like to be wrong though. 3070 looks like a great proposition in terms of price performance. Could get 180~200 for my existing GPU which wouldn't make that a hard decision to make... Hmm
                          UK prices are on NVIDIA's site now for the Founders Editions

RTX 3080 £649.00 Available from September 17th

RTX 3090 £1,399.00 Available from September 24th

RTX 3070 £469.00 Available from October

Comment

Oh dope, that's pretty cool.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                              Oh dope, that's pretty cool.
                              Yeah, you weren't far off.

3080 for me. I'm taking a blind risk by selling off my 1080 Ti and going GPU-less...

It's such a disgusting leap in power, it'd be rude not to. 30 teraflops.

Comment

What sort of cpu do you need to realistically use one of these cards? I've been on a rx480 ever since they first launched so I'm more than ready for an upgrade. Feel like a whole new build could be necessary though.

Comment

Working...
                                X