PCs and Steam: Thread 01

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cepp View Post
    I'm not sure why that matters? The game supports the HTC Vive and Oculus Rift if you want to play it in vr.
    Indeed but not being sold on those platforms, seems a bit daft.

Comment

Originally posted by huxley View Post
      Indeed but not being sold on those platforms, seems a bit daft.
      That Epic exclusivity money must be too good to pass up. It'll make it to other stores at some point though.

Comment

Originally posted by Cepp View Post
        That Epic exclusivity money must be too good to pass up. It'll make it to other stores at some point though.
        I know with Phoenix point it was mentioned they got enough money that they could refund every backer and during the fig campaigh they got $780k. Though feels like they have burned their bridges as if something is promised in crowdfunding it should be honoured

I think everyone has forgotten the epic store roadmap for features as its over 6 months has gone and very little has been done

Comment

Originally posted by eastyy View Post
          IThough feels like they have burned their bridges as if something is promised in crowdfunding it should be honoured
          They've burnt all the bridges - I'll no longer back game projects on crowdfunding promising Steam keys - why would I when the chances are they'll renege on that promise?

Comment

Originally posted by huxley View Post
            So a vr games is launching on a store with no vr support.
            Epic Store's Tetris Effect exclusive requires SteamVR to run

Epic Games might have exclusively secured Tetris Effect - the best game of 2018, if you ask Eurogamer (which I don't think you ever do, actually) - as an Epic Games Store PC exclusive, but it seems there's no shrugging off archrival Steam completely, as Tetris Effect requires SteamVR.
            Note, however, this does not mean Tetris Effect requires you to log into Steam to play. SteamVR is a separate piece of software, a link-layer between Steam's OpenVR API and you, the player. And if you're not playing in virtual reality, none of this applies at all.
            Possibly indicative of the exclusivity being secured quite late or the developer not wanting to change to the OpenVR API rather than just being about Valve's dominance of the PC videogame market.

Comment

I misunderstood as I thought this was a VR only game.

Comment

Ah OK. I only linked to your comment as it seemed quite pertinent to the story itself.

Comment

Footage from Chernobylite:

Comment

Joining the likes of Blizzard and Ubisoft, Rockstar has created its own games launcher allowing players to access its P…

Brace for that PC RDR2 port announcement because Rockstar have discovered another method to eek out every dry penny they can from releasing one game in a generation from it... launching their own launcher platform

For a limited time those who sign up with the launcher get San Andreas free.

Comment

Oh man, the internet rage that will happen when games previously due for release on the Epic store now get redirected to Rockstar will be the stuff of legends.

Comment

Not a fan of this new game list UI on Steam.

Comment

I decided to plunge for the Xbox game pass and play some Gears 4 ahead of The Outer Worlds coming out next week. 133GB though, Christ! Also, there are actually a lot more games on this service than I first thought. When you do a search on the website for PC titles you get 47 results but there's actually 145 games available to download and the selection's pretty good tbh.

Microsoft's clearly playing the long game here and I think it could pay off.

Comment

The upcoming dates for the Steam sales have leaked.

Steam 2019 sale dates

Halloween sale: Oct. 28 - Nov. 1
                            Autumn sale: Nov. 26 - Dec. 3
                            Winter sale: Dec. 19 - Jan. 2

Not sure I see the point in having three sales so bunched up together.

[Source]

Comment

Lets hope there is something worth buying this time. They need to up their game to take on epic.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                                Not sure I see the point in having three sales so bunched up together.
                                Hasn't it alway been that way though. Just the three big western (NA) holidays; Halloween, Thanksgiving and Xmas/NY. I'm sure most of the other mature platforms like Live, PSN, GOG etc. will be the same.

I agree with your sentiment and Halloween is probably very droppable but I guess is good promotion for the horror/dark-themed games. Can also tie in the MTX/Seasonal 'events' etc. to these, if required.

Comment

Working...
                                X