• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Come on AMD...

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
      Come on AMD...
      You've got another month to wait yet. Oct 28th.

Comment

Mo longer than waiting for nvidia availability lol. Current expectations are 3080 performance levels and actual availability. Though not confirmed that just leaves the price...

Comment

Smooth track on an iPhone (£10) or android plus open track on your pc = track ir for a tenner. It’s astonishingly good. Real trackir can’t actually be any better than this I’m sure. It’s amazing. Only played dcs so far but will try arma 3 soon

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
            NVIDIA are listing prices of some of the partner cards on their site now - it might be that it's just listing the price of the cheapest retailer though, not 100% sure.
            I don't think so. But it's not accurate in that the Palit card in the screenshot; if you click the OCUK button to 'check availability' - it links to Overclockers who have the card for £749.99 on pre-order. A card they originally launched for £659.99.

A few of the other cards I clicked on, all had discrepancies between the price on the Nvidia and retailers pages.
            Last edited by Digfox; 25-09-2020, 21:18.

Comment

I think I'll run my Vega 64 until next year, then I'll make my Dad a new PC (still a i7 3770, GTX 970) and he can have the Vega, and I'll get the top AMD at the time.

Comment

There have been more and more reports circulating around the internet over the last few days reporting that a wide range of Nvidia RTX 3080 and 3090 graphics cards are experiencing crashes to desktop while gaming. A investigation by the igors Lab website has found that the issue may be caused by...

Possible warning flag over some models of 3080 and 3090

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                  https://gbatemp.net/threads/widespre...ashing.574461/
                  Possible warning flag over some models of 3080 and 3090
                  Turns out this was a whole load of hokum. A driver update has fixed it (testing by Gear Seekers showed that the cards were perfectly stable under the same conditions in Linux). People are getting crashes still when they push the overclocks too high, but ultimately, no, it's nothing to do with capacitors.

After the driver update was released, there were some accusations that they limited performance, which is also hokum.

Still, with all early adoption, there's always a risk you're going run into problems, and buggy drivers is always a likely candidate as they get refined over time.

Some info on AMD's BigNavi cards - some murmerings that the top end cards are on par with the 3080: https://www.tomshardware.com/uk/news...specifications

In yet more GFX news, the 3060 Ti raises its head above the trench: https://www.tomshardware.com/uk/news...graphics-cards
                  Last edited by MartyG; 01-10-2020, 12:58.

Comment

I just completed checkout another five times. There was a drop at 8pm CEST.

They just don't want to authorise my credit cards. No idea what to do now other than simply wait until they accept Paypal again.

FFS.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                      I just completed checkout another five times. There was a drop at 8pm CEST.
                      You mean there was a drop of RTX 3080 cards on NVIDIA's store? I occassionaly glance at Stock Informer, but I figured by the time any notifications come through, the latency of that email arriving means the bots constantly hitting their store have already had them.

AMD are claiming there won't be shortages on their new cards, so NVIDIA need to pull the stops out if there's even close to parity for RX6000.

Comment

Comment

Silent Hill 4: The Room releases today on GOG

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                            You mean there was a drop of RTX 3080 cards on NVIDIA's store?
                            Yeah. 7pm GMT on Thursday.

Comment

Woke up this morning to receive a email saying i have access to Prodeus play test

I am definitely fickle when it comes to retro aesthetic, I could not stand the look of Dusk but I did like Amid Evil, and Prodeus i do like the graphics and it plays very well though i do feel some enemies take more hits then they really should

Comment

So someone spotted that an MSI subsidiary was scalping brand new RTX 30 cards on eBay

MSI claimed they weren't aware this was going on and have now offered refunds or partial refunds. You have to wonder tho, given how much corporations like profit.

Comment

Working...
                                X