No announcement yet.

PCs and Steam: Thread 01

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saw Digital Foundry video Sponsored by Nvidia basically showing off the 30 series......i did really really wonder what on earth the point was by Nvidia....imagine it was just a waste of money lol

Comment

My PC slowed to a crawl this morning. I checked everything except for the CPU temp before nuking Windows

4790K reaching temps of almost 100c, taking the side panel off dropped it down to the 70s so its usable again at least. Think it needs a good cleaning and new thermal paste.

-edit

Swapped out the H100i liquid cooling for a Noctua NH-D15 and holy **** its night day. Temps down to 30c and that's with just one fan attached.
      Last edited by Cepp; 30-03-2021, 17:11.

Comment

Outriders is such a odd launch Touted as not a live service game but having the same issues live service games have, people not able to play it with server issues though seems player wise had a lot of people playing when it was working. Mixed reviews but you know the usual people review bombing it at either end with negative as well as positives.

For me looks like another wait and see game, i played the demo and it seemed to feel like a melting pot of many things , Mass effect mixed with gears of war, Destiny and borderlands

Comment

Originally posted by Cepp View Post
          Swapped out the H100i liquid cooling for a Noctua NH-D15 and holy **** its night day. Temps down to 30c and that's with just one fan attached.
          Very nice, hard to beat the D15. Perhaps an unpopular opinion but I don't think I trust the longevity of AIO cooling solutions like I do strapping a huge chunk of metal to your CPU.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
            Very nice, hard to beat the D15. Perhaps an unpopular opinion but I don't think I trust the longevity of AIO cooling solutions like I do strapping a huge chunk of metal to your CPU.
            You can't go wrong with it really. Just a lot less faff.

Comment

Apparently Epic is burning through hundreds of millions of dollars to keep Epic Store running with the company laying out over $440m last year alone. The figures come from Epics legal battle with Apple where Apple deems the store unlikely to make any profit for many, many years or ever at all. Apple claims the Epic is trying to use legal tactics to revive interest in Fortnite that it believes to now be in close to a terminal decline.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                WOW! Im hoping to have saved enough to upgrade my PC so it can play this and a few others.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                  Originally posted by Cepp View Post
                  You can't go wrong with it really. Just a lot less faff.
                  I'll never go back to liquid cooling again, unless I go full-force one year and do it properly. Which I doubt I ever will, because I have more fun things to do.

Comment

Avengers is 60% off ...24 bucks slightly tempted by that price now

Comment

Comment

For Epic Store to have 6 months of exclusivity on Borderlands 3 on PC and to give away a couple of older titles Epic shelled out an eye watering $146m

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                          Compare that with what Google paid for just ports of games to sell, think it was a few million for one port alone

Comment

Playing MK 11 and the single player towers and my connection went down...and then it disconnected me from the game and lost my progress.

Reminds me of issues people having with returnal with a game that is supposed to be a bit buggy and if you get disconnected you lose progress as no auto save

Comment

Call of Duty might still be doing gangbusters for Activision but Blizzard has seen a massive drop of 11m users in the last three years

Given how many companies have done well during the pandemic and seen big gains it seems interest in Overwatch etc is on the wane.

Comment

Heard development of new call of duty was going badly and they are literally throwing developers at it, problem is the stock cannot rise forever and at some point it will go down and it can take many people with it

Comment

Working...
                                X