User Tag List

Page 82 of 83 FirstFirst ... 7280818283 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cepp View Post
    I'm not sure why that matters? The game supports the HTC Vive and Oculus Rift if you want to play it in vr.
    Indeed but not being sold on those platforms, seems a bit daft.

Quote Originally Posted by huxley View Post
    Indeed but not being sold on those platforms, seems a bit daft.
    That Epic exclusivity money must be too good to pass up. It'll make it to other stores at some point though.

Quote Originally Posted by Cepp View Post
    That Epic exclusivity money must be too good to pass up. It'll make it to other stores at some point though.
    I know with Phoenix point it was mentioned they got enough money that they could refund every backer and during the fig campaigh they got $780k. Though feels like they have burned their bridges as if something is promised in crowdfunding it should be honoured

I think everyone has forgotten the epic store roadmap for features as its over 6 months has gone and very little has been done

Quote Originally Posted by eastyy View Post
    IThough feels like they have burned their bridges as if something is promised in crowdfunding it should be honoured
    They've burnt all the bridges - I'll no longer back game projects on crowdfunding promising Steam keys - why would I when the chances are they'll renege on that promise?

Quote Originally Posted by huxley View Post
    So a vr games is launching on a store with no vr support.
    Epic Store's Tetris Effect exclusive requires SteamVR to run

Epic Games might have exclusively secured Tetris Effect - the best game of 2018, if you ask Eurogamer (which I don't think you ever do, actually) - as an Epic Games Store PC exclusive, but it seems there's no shrugging off archrival Steam completely, as Tetris Effect requires SteamVR.
    Note, however, this does not mean Tetris Effect requires you to log into Steam to play. SteamVR is a separate piece of software, a link-layer between Steam's OpenVR API and you, the player. And if you're not playing in virtual reality, none of this applies at all.
    Possibly indicative of the exclusivity being secured quite late or the developer not wanting to change to the OpenVR API rather than just being about Valve's dominance of the PC videogame market.

I misunderstood as I thought this was a VR only game.

Ah OK. I only linked to your comment as it seemed quite pertinent to the story itself.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...games-launcher

Brace for that PC RDR2 port announcement because Rockstar have discovered another method to eek out every dry penny they can from releasing one game in a generation from it... launching their own launcher platform

For a limited time those who sign up with the launcher get San Andreas free.

Oh man, the internet rage that will happen when games previously due for release on the Epic store now get redirected to Rockstar will be the stuff of legends.